Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: girls hate dating online players...

If you want to hang with her you have to give her some weekend time. Its as simple as that. There simply isn't anyway to finess--oh weekends are the juiciest time and I have to play then. If you can't figure a way to give her at least one undivided night a weekend then you're simply not gonna get to that threesome stage.

Choices choices.

One of the tradeoff's I made for playing a lot of poker was that I gave my fiance Friday night and all day Saturday. I miss out on the juiciest times perhaps, but the games are beatable pretty much all the time...and it let me put in some hours.

--Zetack
Old 03-04-2005, 07:14 PM

I presented my poker playing to my wife in exactly that way. "What other hobby not only pays for itself but actually makes money?" She's now fully supportive however she usually goes shopping or to the salon when I play which tends to throw a wrench in my +EV at times. Working on that one...Sklansky, little help?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: girls hate dating online players...(legit advice)

[ QUOTE ]
also, she has a history of 3somes and i want her around long enough to feel comfortable with me. not quite sure how to judge that against poker $s, but its way +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just be sure that the two of you have the same mix of genders in mind for this threesome. (I hate it when that happens...)
Old 03-04-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to hang with her you have to give her some weekend time. Its as simple as that. There simply isn't anyway to finess--oh weekends are the juiciest time and I have to play then. If you can't figure a way to give her at least one undivided night a weekend then you're simply not gonna get to that threesome stage.

Choices choices.

One of the tradeoff's I made for playing a lot of poker was that I gave my fiance Friday night and all day Saturday. I miss out on the juiciest times perhaps, but the games are beatable pretty much all the time...and it let me put in some hours.

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. ive been giving her 1 weeknight and 1 weekend nite. plus phone time (which i despise).

bad situation this week: she lives an hr away (which is perfect) but her EX has her daugther this week so she wanted more time than normal (led to the post). i made the mistake of telling her "i can only do 2 nights str8". dont do this. i should have waited til the turn to raise. revealed my hand WAY to early. i got reraised BIG.

now i feel like i'm holding onto a bucking bronco, praying for the 8 second horn. i may have to up the 3some timetable now, but i am a gambler so its time to gamboooool.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:58 PM

I agree, honesty is not a good trait for a poker player. Play in the "closet". I am not saying there is anything wrong with playing +ev poker. There is nothing wrong with being gay, then why do you think they stay in the closet?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she has a history of 3somes

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need our help.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

any thoughts on how to get out of this jam and still get laid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your attitude. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Spend some of your poker winnings on her. That should clear it up.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:03 PM

also, she has a history of 3somes

Uh. You didn't mention you were drawing to a flush.

Try this. Tell her you made a big score, and ask her if she wants to go clothes shopping. Then take her to someplace like Babe's. They have some really slutty... I mean provocative... styles there.

It'll be fun. And with any luck she'll be really turned on when you're done.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tell her that anything you buy her (and DO buy her nice stuff) is from poker.. and that if she wants you to stop - fine, but then she should not expect the restaurants, shopping, movies, gifts, etc b/c you will not be able to afford it

[/ QUOTE ]

That is more -EV than hookers.

[/ QUOTE ]

how?
Old 03-05-2005, 07:19 AM

You play poker for peanuts as a hobby and you're so addicted after playing 2 months that there just isn't time for the new girlfriend. Looks like you have a problem and your values are getting very fked up. Women come always before any hobby.