Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: My brother decked a girl. Dunno to laugh or be ashamed....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't realise there was a universally accepted 'idea' for situations like these.

If a woman is 'big and 'ard' enough to start trying to bottle people, she is similarly 'big and 'ard' enough to get a good beating

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I said if she has a weapon you should punch her. A bottle counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, cool.

You are walking down a dark alley and five large women start attacking you with their bare fists. What do you do?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:00 PM

Don't do either. Be proud of your brother for teaching that bitch it is not ok to assault people.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO her gender is incidental. What is relevant is whether his and her strength are in the same ballpark. The closer that is to being true, the more justified he was in hitting her.

[/ QUOTE ]

undeniably correct sir

some people think you can never hit someone with a vagina
Old 11-20-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't realise there was a universally accepted 'idea' for situations like these.

If a woman is 'big and 'ard' enough to start trying to bottle people, she is similarly 'big and 'ard' enough to get a good beating

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I said if she has a weapon you should punch her. A bottle counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, cool.

You are walking down a dark alley and five large women start attacking you with their bare fists. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only said you shouldn't hit one woman who is half your size.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:03 PM

There's only so much a bitch should be allowed to get away with.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:07 PM

your brother shouldn't have actually close fist punched her in the face for that. it sounds like she was flirting with your bro, then b/c she was hammered she accidentaly went too far with the last punch and got him.

i would have just made her feel like the drunk c*nt that she was being, but no reason to actually hit her for that.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:30 PM

I think grabbing her boobies would be better than punching her.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:56 PM

I don't think it's funny, but I don't think it's so awful either.

I'm vocal and passionate about my hatred of domestic violence. But this situation isn't about one person using fear or pain to gain power. It's about drunk people getting overly physical. It went a a little far, and that's too bad.

Not a big deal.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:52 PM

Anyone who attacks you deserves the same force back, or more if it will prevent more serious injury. Man or woman. It's just not always practical to do so. And the law will likely not take your side if a woman is involved no matter what she did to provoke it and how measured and fair your response was. Additionally, bystanders will generally not support your side of the story and may even lie about it, as hitting a woman is one of those things people tend to make hard and fast rules about that they are happy to apply pretty much without thought. Plus, people love drama and most of all the chance to show or think themselves morally superior, so they will tend to support whatever outcome most distances them morally from one of the parties, even if they have to make up events wholecloth to do it.

You can't do the same thing in differing circumstances without being willing to accept a different outcome every time. An outcome that could include painting a picture of you as a violent attacker on a woman is not an acceptable outcome for most people. I'd tread lightly, even if you were hurt much worse for it. Fair may be fair, but equal retaliation could get you screwed pretty hard. There's no way you'll survive a made-up sob story on a woman's part if she decides to get other people involved.

For what it's worth, you can take off someone's head with a slap just like you can with a punch. If I were going to hit a woman who was going nuts on me, I'd be much more likely to either trip or throw her, like your brother did, try to block and shove her away if it looked like that was possible, or only hit her with an open hand. Best of all is to not hang around with psychos in the first place, or even leave the scene. Or change the emphasis to something non-violent, like an armwrestling competition.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:01 PM

Somewhere there's a Chris Rock gimmick account just waiting to respond to this thread.