Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: New 20% to 120$ deposit bonus on stars, starting now

if you've got 3 bonuses stacked, do you clear them $120 at a time every 600 points, or do you have to get 1800 points for all of them?
Old 05-26-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you've got 3 bonuses stacked, do you clear them $120 at a time every 600 points, or do you have to get 1800 points for all of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should get paid every 600 points, AFAIK.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The SnG format on Stars is vastly superior to Party. At least it was the last time I played Party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to agree with this. I think it's almost double the starting chips (Stars 1500 to Partys 800), with the blinds starting at the same level. Also, I think the blinds increase slower at Stars. At Party it's every 10 hands, where at Stars it's every 10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed ad nauseum. Your selection on where to play SNGs can be narrowed down to your preference.

If money per hour ($/hr) is more important to you: Party Poker

If ROI is more important to you: Pokerstars (or perhaps even non-Party)

Scuba
Old 05-26-2005, 08:03 PM

>If money per hour ($/hr) is more important to you: Party Poker

That if you play in the regular S & G at Stars, but not true for turbos.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:15 AM

I finished mine in 2 hours and 50 minutes playing $100 and $200 heads up sit&go's, two at a time.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The SnG format on Stars is vastly superior to Party. At least it was the last time I played Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously disagree with this. The Party SnGs have a perfect structure. I really don't want to play in a SnG for two hours. 45 minutes is plenty for the 30s on down and about an hour (too long actually) for the 50s on up. Any longer than that and it's snoozeville.

I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party. Also at Party I can get in four of them in less than two minutes. They don't even have four to get into at Stars. The same is true for all of their other games. They just don't have that many games.

They've also got all kinds of different formats, which in my opinion just spreads everything out too thin. Heads up, four handed, two tables, jeez. Who needs it.

While I'm at it there are other things I don't like about this site. The puck green color of the tables is horrible. The cards are too small. The software is choppy. The lobby window is too small.

I don't know how people can complain about Party's software. I haven't seen anything that comes close to it. Sure there are infuriating glitches, like their waiting lists are screwed up, but overall it's pleasing to the eye and they have lots and lots of games.

I've got two bonuses stacked up at Stars, but I doubt if I'll bother with them. Their site is just too much of a mess to bother with.

If anything I've said above is in error, please set me straight.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this. I think it's almost double the starting chips (Stars 1500 to Partys 800), with the blinds starting at the same level. Also, I think the blinds increase slower at Stars. At Party it's every 10 hands, where at Stars it's every 10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks. This is waaayyyyy too slow. As far as I'm concerned, you're better off playing in a multi if you're going to put up with that kind of a structure. It pays better too.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I finished mine in 2 hours and 50 minutes playing $100 and $200 heads up sit&go's, two at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask you a couple of questions? How long do these heads up sit & go's last on average? Is this with 10 minute rounds? In 2 hours and 50 minutes how many would you say you played altogether?

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

The exact ordering and arrangement of the tournaments is user definable.

If you look at the bar directly underneath the Tourney tab (ID Date Game Limit Buy-In State Enrolled) you will notice either a little "up" arrow or "down" arrow.

You can switch the ordering, or select the tournaments to be ordered differently by clicking on the appropriate tab.

Maybe you do this and you still think that it is messy? Ship any feedback that you might have to Ideas.

Thanks,

Rom
Old 05-27-2005, 04:20 AM

I finished in 3 hours 5-tabling NL400 shorthanded. (today i played about 8h and earned 1500 FPP)