Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: implied odds/reverse implied odds much greater in no-limit

i think you misunderstood me. i was asking you for some limit advice. i'll remind you of the situation, with a little help in the brackets:

[ QUOTE ]
so you believe [IN LIMIT] JJ should be check folded on a 678 flop [TO A LIMITED BET]? how about if you decide to be a bit bold and lead out [WITH A SEVERELY LIMITED BET], if he raises [MERELY A LIMITED RAISE] do you instamuck it [TO HIS LIMITED RAISE]? or call [THE LIMITED BET] and check fold most turn cards [AFTER HE BETS A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COURSE]?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2005, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and they're not exaggerating.
you can win upwards of $30K on any given night in a 20-40NL game. and that is playing probably half the amount of hands per hour as you would online.

the games are just sick.

[/ QUOTE ]
upwards of 30k on any given night? jesus. are most ppl buying into this game with 2, 3, 400 bb's or more? and on a decent night one might build a 1,000+ bb stack? i need to make a pilgrimage to the mecca.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year I played the 10-20NL there a few times. 10k buyins were not uncommon in that game.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
upwards of 30k on any given night? jesus. are most ppl buying into this game with 2, 3, 400 bb's or more? and on a decent night one might build a 1,000+ bb stack? i need to make a pilgrimage to the mecca.

[/ QUOTE ]

the avg buy-in is between 5-10K however there are several regulars who buy-in upwards of 30-40K regularly.

and you must remember that most players don't just buy-in once lose it and leave, there are multiple rebuys.

it is not uncommon whatsoever to have over 150K on the table at a time.

i'm not saying i make 30K a night, however on a good night....
Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 AM

I didnt say I would considering folding, but that I would hate holding that hand in that situation, for reasons given.
You might have the best hand, or you might be badly beat already, by a straight or by a set, but even if you have the best hand on the flop, against seven players, what cards can you hope for to save the pot for you? Almost any card will make a straight, trips, or an overpair very possible. I didnt say I would make an automatic fold. I said I would consider slowing down and possibly folding given the action.

-J
Old 10-04-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would actually check and fold the jacks

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt say I would considering folding

[/ QUOTE ]