Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: A Thread to post colorful poolroom stories

I have a friend from when I used to hang out in pool halls alot who was a pretty big gambler for the hall we were at. He would tell everyone that action was his middle name. Eventually, he adjusted his license to say just that. Kevin "action" last name.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:30 PM

Back right after high school, I played a friend for money. I was a little better, but he had a bigger ego. Anyways, we started off at a few dollars per rack and I won the first few games.

Just trying to get even, he suggested double or nothing. Now, he was a friend so I didn't want to just wipe him out, but since there wasn't a lot yet at stake, I agreed. I won. Again, he suggested double or nothing. Again I reluctantly agreed, and again I won. And a third time. He was now stuck over $100, which is a lot to two near-minimum-wage schlubs just out of high school.

We ended up playing 28 games total, all after those first few at double or nothing, and he lost every single one. Total final tally: over $300 million.

Yes, at some point, the whole charade implicitly became a joke. I made him pay for our tab--over $40 by that point--and called it even. Like I said, he was a friend, albeit not the brightest character around.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:54 AM

OK, here's the link to the RSB pooltable: RSB pooltable

Copy the code below, and when you go to the site, just click paste.

First shot: START(
%AH8Z9%BB9[5%CB7\2%DB9\0%EB3C2%FB8[9%GB9[9%HC1\1%IC0\0%JC0[8
%KC0\4%LC1\0%MB7[9%NB7\1%OB8\0%Pm8Z4%WJ1Z2%Xm5Z8%YC3C6%ZH9[0
%eD0a4
)END

Second shot (cross-side): START(
%AY2Z9%BB9[5%CB7\2%DB9\0%EB3C2%FB8[9%GB9[9%HC1\1%IC0\0%JC0[8
%KC0\4%LC1\0%MB7[9%NB7\1%OB8\0%Pm8Z4%WZ0Z1%Xm5Z8%Y[1D2%ZY1Z8
%eD1a4
)END
Old 08-06-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Back right after high school, I played a friend for money. I was a little better, but he had a bigger ego. Anyways, we started off at a few dollars per rack and I won the first few games.

Just trying to get even, he suggested double or nothing. Now, he was a friend so I didn't want to just wipe him out, but since there wasn't a lot yet at stake, I agreed. I won. Again, he suggested double or nothing. Again I reluctantly agreed, and again I won. And a third time. He was now stuck over $100, which is a lot to two near-minimum-wage schlubs just out of high school.

We ended up playing 28 games total, all after those first few at double or nothing, and he lost every single one. Total final tally: over $300 million.

Yes, at some point, the whole charade implicitly became a joke. I made him pay for our tab--over $40 by that point--and called it even. Like I said, he was a friend, albeit not the brightest character around.

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHA, i have a friend who we call "fucko"(this is his actual nickname), who sucks at pool, but always wants to double or nothing every rack we play, at the end of every nite he owes me a couple 100 grand every time, never pays, it is now a standing joke..he just buys the pizza and beer for the nite.
Next time im gonna ask him to sign away his soul to me.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:02 PM

The first shot is fairly routine for a one pocket player. The 2nd relies on the object ball curving on it's route to the opposite side pocket, pretty difficult under normal circumstances but just not possible with the exact position of the cueball in your diagram.

Just barely possible from here:

START(
%AY2Z9%BB9[5%CB7\2%DB9\0%EB3C2%FB8[9%GB9[9%HC1\1%IC0\0%JC0[8
%KC0\4%LC1\0%MB7[9%NB7\1%OB8\0%Pn8X9%WZ0Z1%Xm6Y0%Y[1D2%ZY1Z8
%eD1a4
)END

For this shot to be made the cueball must be at least as far off the rail as the square of the distance that the center of the object ball is past the far corner of the side pocket plus half the ball's diameter.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:00 AM

hey, good to see you posting.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Well, you see, I'm a pool hustler, and I find that having my own cue helps to keep me in stroke."

[/ QUOTE ]

That's beautiful. Just fvcking beautiful. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For this shot to be made the cueball must be at least as far off the rail as the square of the distance that the center of the object ball is past the far corner of the side pocket plus half the ball's diameter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Koehler, is that you? I'm still trying to learn how to run balls down the rail, and now you bring this up...

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]