Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Is alcohol the answer? If so, straighten me out OOT

Heres a few links that can really help you out.

Dealing with blackouts, the night of:
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.co...kout-strat.htm
Includes tips on avoiding an FOS episode (falling off stool), and certain rules (run first, ask questions later)

Drink your Way to Fitness:
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.co...-fitness-1.htm
"On your journey home you will probably find yourself climbing on things, breaking stuff, and screaming horrible things at your ex-girlfriend’s house. At the Institute we call this cross-training. We encourage cross training, because this will greatly increase your nightly weight loss."

Tips for hanging out in Bars:
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.co...4-bar-tips.htm
not as funny but some useful ettiquette.

Edit: drunkards guide to poker.
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.co...oker_guide.htm
Old 11-15-2005, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Euphemisms can be fun

[/ QUOTE ]
That IS fun!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I am asking of OOT is the following:
-How vital is alcohol for the women?

[/ QUOTE ]
At the college level? Very.

[ QUOTE ]
Any books on good liquors and alcohols to "learn into"?

[/ QUOTE ]
google.com is your hero in this instance.

[ QUOTE ]
Remember I'm a newbie. Give details. Educate me where you can so I don't do something stupid like you did

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you learn unless you make mistakes? You gotta go your own way here dude. We can help, but you won't fly unless we kick you out of the nest. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
-How can I get over this stupid ass fear of blacking out or passing out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop thinking you'll drink til you black out or passout? That's a rare occurance, even for raging drunks. Just drink in moderation, or til you get pleasantly buzzed and maintain it duder.

[ QUOTE ]
I really think I'm missing out on a good time and I'll be goddammed if I have to wait any longer before getting some college tail.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sniff* Lil brudder all growed up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You can do it!

Old 11-15-2005, 10:08 AM

Don't be trying to re-invent the wheel man. Alcohol has been a social lubricant since the dawn of time.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:12 AM

Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
average outgoing chick who's in a sorority and parties on weekends

[/ QUOTE ]

Stay FAR away from these girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah, just cause you guys couldn't tag the loose sorority chicks doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Esp at a huge SEC school like Clayton goes to, they're going to be a dime a dozen, and very easy to get into bed. You screw up with one, move on to another. One turns out to be psycho, move on to another.

For what OP is looking for, sorority girls are mos def the answer.

And I say this as someone who was never in a frat, so don't even start with the anti-Greek BS.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Euphemisms can be fun

[/ QUOTE ]
"power drill the furry love-gates with the nether rod"

Great site.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:02 AM

I'll give this one a shot.

Practice makes perfect. The first few times I got drunk (when I was 15) I drank way too much, got really wasted and acted like a complete ass. You will learn to control your buzz.

Your body type and weight are key factors in determining how much you can drink. The average man is 6' and weighs 185 lbs. Generally a person of that size will absorb and process alcohol at a rate of about one beer/one shot per hour. Since most people drink faster than one beer an hour when they drink, the body cannot process the booze fast enough and that is why they feel buzzed. The bigger or smaller a person is will affect how much they can drink.

Alcohol affects everyone differently. It affects your inhibitions, your motor skills, your ability to think clearly and reasonably etc. You will need to drink fairly heavily a few times to know your limits and how you are going to feel.

You may not even like feeling drunk. It's not for everyone.

Hangovers suck ass. They are best prevented by:

Drinking sufficient amounts of water preflop. Gatorade also works wonders. I would say drink at least 1/2 gallon of water during the day before a night of drinking. Also a glass of H2O before going to sleep (if you have a girl in your room this will not cross your mind) helps.

Also before going to sleep take a couple asprins. This will prevent a headache in the morning. Avoid ibuprofin/motrins. They are bad for the liver as it is, but when combined with alcohol they are very bad for the liver.

The advice of cheese/meat products is poor. Those foods do not absorb alcohol well at all. Bread products are best. The best suggestion is a nice filling sub from Subway.

Foods like Mcdonalds hamburgers and fries are ok too, but for some people (like me) the grease mixed with liquor can give you mudbutt. Milder food works best.

Any food is better than no food though.

If I remember correctly:

Alcohol (and asprin) is absorbed into the bloodstream through the stomach. This is much different than most other drugs/foods. Usually the body absorbs nutrients through the intestine. This is why having food in your stomach that will absorb alcohol is important. Slowing the body's consumption of booze is critical.

Good luck and be safe.

PG
Old 11-15-2005, 11:05 AM

Clayton it sounds like you know the answer to your question but aren't 100% convinced of it. Start of slowly, drink 3 beers over one night, drink 5 beers, etc, maybe drink 1 per 45 minutes or an hour so you know where you're at. But if you go through freshman year without having at least 1-2 crazy drunk experiences it will be a shame.

Drinking helps with getting college girls because it takes their level of inhibition from point A and lowers it to point B. Once you start getting drunk it's very obvious what the effects are. The fact that you have hooked up with some girls is a good sign that you are not aloof or weird, because if someone says on an internet messageboard "i've never gotten drunk how do i get girls" I will set the line at them being a loserish nerd very high. You rushing also is a good sign. But if you tell the fraternity ANY of this... you are in for a tough time. They will laugh and destroy you. You are also going to have to learn to drink before that, otherwise pledging will not go well.

Also, no, there are no books for learning how to drink, lol. Just do it. If you start off slow drinking beer you have a 0% chance of blacking out. If after 4 hours you say "LETS DO SOME [censored] SHOTS [censored]" and down 4 shots in 10 minutes then you are on course to have a chance of blacking out if you keep that up.

This isn't that weird a fear, I drink a lot and I get worried about not being in control or forgetting everything too. So I would call not getting pissy drunk during freshman year really really dumb, but the blackout fear isn't bad like that IMO.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:33 AM

does anyone konw why a lot of the time I can blackout but not have an awful hangover in the morning, but then other nights I have a painful hangover but didnt black out?