Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Proof that I need a long break?

oh NOW I GET IT AHAHHAHAHAHA

/is a huge jerk [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

my bad, it really seemed serious. People with a lot of posts USUALLY have a huge ego around here.. I'm just tired of it, if that was really serious it would be such a joke, you understand [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 03:44 PM

I don't blame the BB for calling you p/f necessarily, but he played it horribly post flop. This is a good example of how bad some players are. He must be one of those who thinks every p/f raise means AK.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:46 PM

Read my location. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] And I DO have a huge ego, but just not about poker. I know I suck. That's why I picked the name.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:02 PM

TWP,
You are probably the poster I have learned the most from since I have started reading this board. I am still too new to give you any good advice, but when I was in a slump all the advice said move down (which I can see you did) and play ABC. A raise to $2.50 here, is not ABC, the first sign that you are a little tilty. Just play some ABC, things will turn around and you will be knocking the 400NL dead soon enough.
I am glad to see you won the hand, maybe cards are starting to heat up again.
Also, in a way I am sure some the of the newbies (like myself) will be glad you are having a tough time, maybe that way the MLHL won't steal you away too quickly!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Thanks for the kind words. You are right about the preflop raise being indicative of my perma-tilt. Hopefully I will be over it soon. And don't worry about my moving to MH any time soon. My view is that MH should only be for NL1K and above, so hopefully we can all discuss my 2/4 and 3/6 hands here (when I move up in due time). But I'm sure I won't be moving up to 2/4 for another couple months at the shortest in any case, so really there is nothing to worry about. And of course I'll post on here forever even if I'm posting hands there.
TWP
Old 08-15-2005, 04:11 PM

I think you're running bad but also playing differently due to the bad streak you've been. Some of the things you're doing in these hands are things I was doing a while back, which you specifically advised me not to do.