Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Why am I not winning anymore??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing 800-1,000 hands per day, you're messing up your life.
Sorry to be so blunt, but your life is grossly unbalanced, and unbalanced lives are unhealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't a 2+2 author hold himself to a higher standard of accuracy than the standard poker player? Or maybe at least refrain from making statements that get a non "name" poster the label of troll

What does Mason think of this statement? I know he thinks poker authors should be held to a much higher standard than the rest of the poker playing public. If I may be so bold, (although I am just a troll...albeit for quoting you) I would suggest a real apology for an incredibly dumb statement. And no trying to save face w/ultra obvious "too much of activity X is bad for you" crap either. A real, humble, apology is called for here.

You are losing much credibility on 2+2, I suggest that you pay particular attention to robk's post in my above link. You can still save some face. Will you?

[/ QUOTE ]
You are taking this statement out of the context in which it was made. Al obviously did not mean to say a mere few hours a day is overly unbalanced, and he has said so in later replies.

Many disagree with his position, but it is not that unreasonable, and he is entitled to express it.

Now you are also spreading your distortion to the Internet forum as well. Why are you distorting his position?
Old 05-04-2004, 10:20 AM

You are taking this statement out of the context in which it was made. Al obviously did not mean to say a mere few hours a day is overly unbalanced, and he has said so in later replies

I think an online poker question should only be answered by a high profile figure if they know something about online poker.
I have no further axe to grind, but I do want to make my position clear.

Lori
Old 05-04-2004, 12:59 PM

You're right. I should have checked more carefully before replying.
Regards,
Al