Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Stupidity and lunacy defeated in Dover, Pennsylvania...

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, you can teach it in schools as long as EVERY other crazy belief is given equal treatment. My new relgion of virgin sacrifice also hsa to be taught. Oh wait, I just came up with a NEWER religion! This one invloves killing minorities. But you should teach it, because, after all, im not making you believe it. Just wasting your time by forcing you to listen to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The error in your thinking stems from your belief that ID is a religion.

Stu
Old 11-10-2005, 03:56 PM

I said: [ QUOTE ]
We cannot force ID to be taught as how science works (at least in science classes). But I see no problem or violation of rights with a school offering a class teaching about ID and all different philosophies regarding our planet and its origins.

[/ QUOTE ]

to which you responded:
[ QUOTE ]

Including that in the curriculum of a science class would be lunacy. Including it in the curriculum of a religion or creation stories class of some sort would be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure if you thought I was saying it SHOULD be taught in science classes or if you were just aggreeing with me.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sure, you can teach it in schools as long as EVERY other crazy belief is given equal treatment. My new relgion of virgin sacrifice also hsa to be taught. Oh wait, I just came up with a NEWER religion! This one invloves killing minorities. But you should teach it, because, after all, im not making you believe it. Just wasting your time by forcing you to listen to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The error in your thinking stems from your belief that ID is a religion.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

How can ID exist without a religious belief? If some higer power created mankind, but you dont believe in a god how does this work? Aliens? An infinite regression of creators that are not gods?

Please, ID is religion in sheeps clothes
Old 11-10-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I said: [ QUOTE ]
We cannot force ID to be taught as how science works (at least in science classes). But I see no problem or violation of rights with a school offering a class teaching about ID and all different philosophies regarding our planet and its origins.

[/ QUOTE ]

to which you responded:
[ QUOTE ]

Including that in the curriculum of a science class would be lunacy. Including it in the curriculum of a religion or creation stories class of some sort would be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure if you thought I was saying it SHOULD be taught in science classes or if you were just aggreeing with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I included that last part for people who don't see a problem with throwing it in science class, not for you. It seems like I've heard "Meh, if it's so bogus, what harm can it do?" far too often.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can ID exist without a religious belief? If some higer power created mankind, but you dont believe in a god how does this work? Aliens? An infinite regression of creators that are not gods?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a show on tv the other night about some scientist who is trying to create life. His goal is to take different molecues and build a biological machine that meets the definition for life. Something along the lines of this but a little more complex.

If this guy is successful he proves ID as a viable process by which life is created. You would have us bow down and worship this man because you believe ID cannot be seperate from religion.

Stu
Old 11-10-2005, 10:32 PM

You may be able to separate ID from religion, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think that ID advocates are using it to put their religion into schools.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may be able to separate ID from religion, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think that ID advocates are using it to put their religion into schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they're just tired of athiesm being shoved down thier throats.

Stu
Old 11-11-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they're just tired of athiesm being shoved down thier throats.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that the same people who vehemently suggest that ID isn't religion also vehemently argue that evolution = atheism.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that the same people who vehemently suggest that ID isn't religion also vehemently argue that evolution = atheism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair question. I hope you get answers.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Teaching evolution while banning any discussion about intelligent design is atheism.

Stu