Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Quick preflop quiz

i call and make a play for an all unders flop

i'd rather call and check-raise the flop, than reraise preflop and lead flop into a TAG raiser that called my reraise. same amount of money, but much better chance of folding out a better hand by making the strong move post-flop.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:10 PM

Isuras line borders on FPS, and at lower stakes thats pretty much burning money. Ill call here a lot, maybe re-raised once in a while, but I feel position is so important and you are OOP. I think an important factor we are all forgeting is our table image. If Im seen as a TAG, a rr is preferable because unless you play your cards face up, villian is not gonna see it coming. Also, if the flop falls like a TAG would hit, major Fold Equity. Also, if you are three bet it will be all in most likely, and you cant call with 99.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:54 PM

I don't like this. You will be applying pressure for ~20% of your stack (considering 100 bb stacks) on a single bet on any non 9 flop if you choose to do this, OOP nonetheless, and if you are called or raised on just about any flop that doesn't contain a 9 after being called preflop, you will have to give up. I make more than plenty on sets OOP when people overplay their hit broadways and overpairs to validate calling here.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:11 PM

Call
Old 12-07-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As this post indicates, my reraising range is very situation dependent. But in this case, if I get multiple callers, I play it for set value. I might lose 15bb by reraising and gettign callers, but I don't play to lose any more postflop. If TAG calls, I play carefully, and cont. bet a suitable flop. If SB calls, I compose myself and play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you going to play not to lose any more postflop? A cb is going to be a huge part of your stack here. You are looking to lose far more than you gain, IMO. You get pushed out preflop by AA and KK, the main hands people willing to overplay against you for when you do hit a set. You are creating a huge pot out of position that you will likely give up on many flops as there are quite a few that are simply nasty for 99. There isn't going to be much room to play poker here against SB, either.