Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL STEP 5 HIGHER THREAD--9PM EST TONIGHT***

i think most of the people would be HAPPY with that kind of deal. i duno though, i really like flipping quarters for 70k. i do have a bit of gamboool in me though. holla
Old 04-28-2005, 06:42 PM

8 are sitting at a step 4 last night, so hopefully that is one more potential player. I feel that this would be a nice study distraction...hope it goes off.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would try to split it 7/6...i would not trust anyone with 5K, much less 30ish though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why a 7/6 split isnt very reasonable unless you knew the person very well. I think lots of people would go for 90/40 though, I still shudder at trusting someone I've never talked to at giving me 10k.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would try to split it 7/6...i would not trust anyone with 5K, much less 30ish though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why a 7/6 split isnt very reasonable unless you knew the person very well. I think lots of people would go for 90/40 though, I still shudder at trusting someone I've never talked to at giving me 10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you make that deal and then screw your opponent out of 10k when you just won 90k then everyone will know about it and you are a plain ass anyway.

--LoO
Old 04-28-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you make that deal and then screw your opponent out of 10k when you just won 90k then everyone will know about it and you are a plain ass anyway.

--LoO

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of my friends think i am an ass anyway - I might as well be a rich one, jk.

On a side note - athlete2258 (who was sitting w chips on a higher step 4) claimed that at least 2 higher step 5s have taken place already, and that an icecream2 won one of them...
Old 04-28-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--LoO

[/ QUOTE ]

You got nothing to lose to try to make a deal. Make a deal, and I would think you are still going to try to win. You get second, and either he sends you the money or he does not. You still made the money. Would suck to get screwed, but you have $0 to lose to try.

Unless you end up winning, and the guy had no intention of paying you, but you would never know. So I say you try to make a deal.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:07 PM

there's no way they've gone off without everyone here (atleast 1 person) being involved or knowing about it
Old 04-28-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--LoO

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of my friends think i am an ass anyway - I might as well be a rich one, jk.

On a side note - athlete2258 (who was sitting w chips on a higher step 4) claimed that at least 2 higher step 5s have taken place already, and that an icecream2 won one of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot get onto party poker at work, but if the last diget of the Step 5 higher table ends in #3, it is the same table. I also have been told that gambo won the first one, which is BS.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You got nothing to lose to try to make a deal. Make a deal, and I would think you are still going to try to win. You get second, and either he sends you the money or he does not. You still made the money. Would suck to get screwed, but you have $0 to lose to try.

Unless you end up winning, and the guy had no intention of paying you, but you would never know. So I say you try to make a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the wrong way to look at it, if you make a deal and the guy has no intention of paying if he wins but you will pay when you win, it is a terrible deal for you. If there is a 50% chance he will not pay, it's still a bad deal but only half as bad as the first example.

Even if there is a 5% chance he won't pay it is still a bad deal... but if the chances are that low he won't pay it might be worth it to take "the raw end" of the deal just because of the amount of money involved.

Like I said, someone who just won 100k probably won't mind honoring a 10k deal but I would be scared about any more of a chop then that.

Plus I was under the impression the max transfer was 2500 or 5k or something, how would you move that kind of money safely with someone you don't know well?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:18 PM

my transfer limit is 7k per week, so it would take 2 weeks.

jared