Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Dynasty, I\'d like to suggest

[ QUOTE ]
I locked that thread so that I could restate why we have the stickied thread at the top of the forum.

It was a reall mess in here in Day 1A. It's been much better the last few days with the "official" stickied threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much better the way you have it--I'm just saying in the one circ where somebody states what sounds like a pretty nasty rumor and has "WTF?" in the name of the thread, for example (that is, where there's something else at stake)...or just delete the post and tell the person to re-write it in the right thread if they want.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a minute, what do you mean saying I posted an inflamatory post?

My intent was sincere in that I wanted to know if anyone had further information about this. I didnt invent the report it was posted at Gutshot poker, see the report at:

http://www.gutshot.com/wsop/wsop2005...y_report_4.php

They made the report and I thought someone here might be able to elaborate. In no way did I intend to defame a guy I respect and am rooting for (Raymer). I wouldnt blame him for responding this way if he felt his family was being threatened.

Maybe it was a joke and I didnt get the punch line, but its an awefully strange thing to report if it wasnt accurate.

As far as posting in the right category, I have noted both Dynasty's comment and your concern and will be happy to comply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a natural reaction to the story (if it's even true--and note that key hands are at first being reported the opposite of what actually happened, so it might not be an accurate report) is to wonder what the guy said to raymer's wife that got that response, not to question why raymer would sound nuts...seems more likely that the lawyer and poker pro with tons of cash on the line is the one "in the right", all other things being equal... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Didn't mean to sound harsh, really just had thought what I wrote above to Dynasty the last few times a post was locked...no worries [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 10:29 PM

The story was reported on tao of poker, gutshot and pokervoice, so I'd safely assume the incident happened.

Kevin...
Old 07-12-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a minute, what do you mean saying I posted an inflamatory post?

My intent was sincere in that I wanted to know if anyone had further information about this. I didnt invent the report it was posted at Gutshot poker, see the report at:

http://www.gutshot.com/wsop/wsop2005...y_report_4.php

They made the report and I thought someone here might be able to elaborate. In no way did I intend to defame a guy I respect and am rooting for (Raymer). I wouldnt blame him for responding this way if he felt his family was being threatened.

Maybe it was a joke and I didnt get the punch line, but its an awefully strange thing to report if it wasnt accurate.

As far as posting in the right category, I have noted both Dynasty's comment and your concern and will be happy to comply.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF kind of elaboration do you want? Or are you just shocked and appauled that something like this could happen in Family Friendly Las Vegas?

I'm surprised that crap like this doesn't happen all the time. Actually, it probably does, just doesn't get reported.

I like and respect Greg, but me thinks he needs to take a chill pill and learn how to get security involved.

It's not being played at Disneyland (yet).
Old 07-12-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The story was reported on tao of poker, gutshot and pokervoice, so I'd safely assume the incident happened.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, point taken, but the broader point about who is likely to have been the "sane" person involved presumably still stands, and I think the tie has to go to the guy in the tourney with a chip lead, and known as an upstanding citizen (presumably at least until more info comes along!)... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 10:42 PM

No sweat, maybe I should have postured my question in a better way.

Im in agreement with you and given how great Raymer conducts himself at the table in virtually every video I've seen, my assumption was not that he was out of line, but justified in his response. I was merely curious if anyone knew anything further about what was said by the guy talking to his wife.

Heck, maybe its none of my business, but since it was posted at gutshot, it arroused my curiousity and I think they should have elaborated on their report or not said anything at all.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:45 PM

Default New ESPN Feature table

Looks to be the table with Juanda/Williamson.

Kevin...
Old 07-12-2005, 10:45 PM

Default CURRENT CHIP COUNTS

Where is the best site to find the most recent accurate chip counts for ALL players?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:47 PM

LOL! You're funny.

I'd like to know what the guy said to Raymers wife and what about him made the comment seem threatening versus it being just a innocent question by a curious bystander.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: CURRENT CHIP COUNTS

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the best site to find the most recent accurate chip counts for ALL players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait til there's 45 left and you may be in luck.

Kevin...