Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: What are your favorite lines spoken at the table?

[ QUOTE ]
At some point I said something along the lines of "Position is extremely important in Texas Hold'em."

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't talk strategy at the tables. No need to educate bad players.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:22 PM

When playing 1-2 nl at the gold strike in tunica:
I flop a set of queens after limping on the button. Guy to my right bets fifteen on k,q,x board and i say
"i came all the way from north carolina to say this: i'm all in". He calls with k,10 and i win a nice pot.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:47 AM

Was playing 6-12 at the mirage late one night. A fairly young girl is playing the worst poker I have ever seen, but I go card dead and can't take advantange for a few hands. I shoot the dealer a look and he says "I know, it's like being in a candy store wearing a straight jacket."
Old 12-20-2004, 04:21 AM

About a year ago, one afternoon at the Bike, I was up about $300 at 2/4, which was my regular game at the time. So I go over to the no-limit $100 buy-in game, and for a few weeks, I'm running really hot.

My flushes are coming in, and my pocket pairs are hitting sets. It just seems that any time a lot of money goes in the pot, its getting pushed to me. I thought it was because I was a really good poker player, but it just turned out I was running well.

Then came this hand. I don't remember the exact details, but there's some raising before the flop, and I have AQ. I'll say three players to the flop.

Flop comes A22.

Some guy bets, and I raise all-in, slightly overbetting the pot. He calls. I turn over my hand, and he turns over A9.

Turn: A.
River: 9.

I'm sure I had a look on my face like somebody just killed my dog or something.

And the prop who was hosting the game says to the guy next to him, "Did you hear that? That was the sound of the horseshoe falling out of that kid's ass."

I didn't really appreciate it at the time, but it was a pretty funny comment. Plus the guy who said it turns out to be a pretty nice guy, and I made friends with him at the table, and he mentors me a little now.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:05 AM

I know, I know. I realized my mistake soon after and prevented myself from saying anything stupid like that again.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:00 AM

Today (actually yesterday, today being Monday) I open raise UTG with AJ offsuit in a seven handed 20/40 after playing at the table my usual style for an hour or two. Good game but this time super loose ultra live player on a rush that never stoppped in the big blind is the only caller.

Flop is 8-7-5 rainbow. BB checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is an offsuit ace. BB checks, I bet, he calls.

River is an ace. BB bets, I raise, he calls and shows a seven nothing. I show my ace decent kicker. As I take the pot he says: "I couldn't put you on the ace."

Wow, super live opponent and a great hand reader to boot [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 12-20-2004, 09:06 AM

Game has tightened up, not much fun. Two players start to rack up. New kid sits down, hot chick girlfriend sits down behind, buys in for two racks ($$ from girl's purse).

Dealer asks if he wants to be dealt in, he asks, "Am I in the Big Bluff?"

Players begin unracking chips.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"nice hand sir"

[/ QUOTE ]
I got this one last night at Foxwoods $2/4 in the same hand as my contribution here. I'm on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and limp after 4 others come in. My flush draw hits on a J3x board, and UTG bets after both blinds check. Everyone calls to me and I raise my draw, figuring to only knock out the two blinds who may fold anyway. The BB calls and everyone else calls. The turn brings another 3, no diamond, and it is checked to me. I bet with 5 people still in the pot, it's called around and a table coach to my immediate right says "I checkraise." Uh oh, I'm up against trips!

River brings the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and it's checked to the table coach who bets. I raise, and he says "oh, you hit your little toilet flush, didn't you?" Two callers and MHIG in a nice pot.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet with 5 people still in the pot, it's called around and a table coach to my immediate right says "I checkraise."

[/ QUOTE ]

why did you bet?
Old 12-20-2004, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I have only 19.5% equity (maximum) in the pot, though I'm putting in 20% of the money [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. People at this table were not playing hands like Jxo or even Jxs very often, so I figured the chance I was behind a boat here pretty slim. Also, I think with a close decision like this maybe betting to disguise the flush draw is good here? Even bad players think a bit, and if I take a free card here and then come alive on the river when the flush hits, I might not have gotten those other callers on the river.

Anyway, this isn't a strategy thread, so I'll stop here. Please PM a response if my thinking is seriously flawed.
Closed Thread