Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: GOD I HATE POKER

been there done that

trust me it turns around just as fast and seems like you cant lose

i dont feel like using punctuation right now
Old 10-27-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've lost $150 at 1/2 in two days. The cards have been UNREAL. QQ UTG runs into AA UTG+1. AA gets beat by 99. I raise KQo from MP, just the blinds call.. I flop TP Q's and a gutshot on a two-tone board, BB bets, I raise, SB folds, BB calls. I turn the straight, BB bets, I raise, he calls. River completes the flush, BB bets, I call, of course he has it. THE VERY NEXT HAND, I turn another straight and get beat by a rivered full house.

I HATE YOU VARAINCE [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel better I am in the midst of the worst slump of my poker "career". Last time I played I got KK 6 times, and 4 times someone else had AA. I decided to take a couple weeks off from poker, b/c I really feel like I was pressing too much. Don't force things, the cards will turn.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Bacon Tuna Sub

[ QUOTE ]
Tight 1/2 6max @ Absolute. Too tight. I limp AA UTG, an unknown comes in and a TAG in the BB. 3 to the flop. I was going to LRR but it didn't happen (i thought for sure someone would isolate my limp, damn.) First time ever ive limped Aces, BTW. Flop comes 882 BB bets, I raise and unknown calls and BB calls. Turn is a 9, BB bets, I raise unknown calls, BB 3bets ([censored]) I call, unkwown calls. River is an A, BB leads I raise unkown 3bets and BB caps.

I wasn't sure about the flop and turn (i had to turn this into a real post). but basically i wanted to just say
RESULTS:
me AAA88 (AA)
unkwown 888AA (A8)
BB 88822 (82)

It was scary as hell. From here on out I raise Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG THAT WAS YOU???????????

I was BB!

Also, you didn't raise the flop.

Edit: Just realized that you hit a 1 outer not a 2-outer. Nice river, fish!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the support, I know it will get better, I just needed a good place to vent, and the NC thread seems like the perfect place [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And though I already apologized through PM, this is a public apology for snapping at jaxUp - totally uncalled for, I was just extremely irritable at the time and his (totally innocent) post rubbed me the wrong way.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:32 PM

First Royal in about 40k hands

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has As Qs (straight flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB. </font>
Old 10-28-2005, 01:28 AM

I am in a ~ -$3000 downswing playing 5/10 and 10/20 over the past 1.5 weeks. I started off the month well and basically killed all my profits I made in the first 2 weeks. Thankgod for rakeback.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:37 AM

I had a similar start to my month, except it all happened in the space of 1 week (13k hands). I won $2k after just moving up and lost it all in like 3 days. Back on track since then though.

Edit: this was all at 5/10
Old 10-28-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Too bad I wasn\'t at the bad beat tables

Lol it sucks not being on the bad beat tables.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results <font color="black">
SB has Ac Ad (four of a kind, aces).
Hero has Qd Qc (four of a kind, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 20 BB. </font>
Old 10-28-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Too bad I wasn\'t at the bad beat tables

[ QUOTE ]
Lol it sucks not being on the bad beat tables.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results <font color="black">
SB has Ac Ad (four of a kind, aces).
Hero has Qd Qc (four of a kind, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 20 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you not cap this river? ): Well done! horrible beat
Old 10-28-2005, 02:35 AM

Default I finally delivered a bad beat!

Usually, WE have the best of it and suckers suck out on us. I was going into my final orbit at Bet365, $1/$2, was the BB and was going to leave after my orbit was done.

Everyone is always tight and agg from the hands I've played there. The raiser always has something, and a RE-Raise means bad things for other non-big hands.

I have AJs in the BB and I just couldn't not call. It was the first hand I'd seen in about 2 orbits and if the nut flush would have flopped, I'd have puked on myself for not playing.

Anyway, here it is:

Bet365 $1/$2 (10-handed)

Hero is BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PRE-FLOP: 3 folds, MP1 raises, 2 folds, CO 3-Bets, 2 folds, HERO CAPS, MP1 calls, CO calls.

FLOP:(12.5 SB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO BETS, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

I figure I have a backdoor flush draw to the nuts and a backdoor straight draw to the nuts. I'm getting 13.5:1. If MP1 check-raises, I'm out. And maybe my A is good against KK or JJ. I doubt CO has JJ though based on previous table experience. AK, AKos, AA, KK, or QQ. I didn't even put AQs as a possibility for the RR preflop.

TURN:(7BB) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

I was getting 8:1, but I felt my implied odds would make up for the extra bets. Plus it's a decent sized pot, and I already peeled to this point, why stop now? My flush draw was nixed. If he had KK, I now have exactly 4 outs, the tens.

RIVER: (9 BB) 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls.

Hero wins 17BB.

CO had QQ with the flopped trips. Oh, the tirade was awesome. Yelling FISH and mother fucker, and he almost blew when I said I had odds from the flop on to egg him on. Swearing, cursing. Awesome. The pokerroom manager came in and said if the cursing were to continue they would disallow the chat box function for him.

If it was one of you folks, I'm deeply, deeply sorry. I normally would just lay down AJs, ESPECIALLY at Bet365, from the BB to a raise, RR pre-flop. Just felt a bit frisky as this was the ONLY table I was down on and was going to bed after that orbit.

I can see why some of the fish call all the way now. When you make the nuts on the river, and have a guy just LOSE it, it makes the -EV play, +EV in the expected entertainment category.

Just wanted to share. Back to more NC.