Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Bacon Tuna Sub

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I had to try it. Here's why.

As a devotee of the peanut butter and pickle sandwich, I felt that I should be openminded about this. (Plus I'm trying to suck up to the forum mod so I can post all my bad beats with impunity.)

Trip report: Really quite decent, and with potential to be really very good. I think the tuna/bacon proportions were a little off in my sandwich. Needed a little heavier on the bacon or a little lighter on the tuna. (Memo to Self: Do not worry about fat grams when eating a bacon sub. Just go all the way and have a salad for dinner.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. And I'm glad to see another convert.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:30 PM

Tight 1/2 6max @ Absolute. Too tight. I limp AA UTG, an unknown comes in and a TAG in the BB. 3 to the flop. I was going to LRR but it didn't happen (i thought for sure someone would isolate my limp, damn.) First time ever ive limped Aces, BTW. Flop comes 882 BB bets, I raise and unknown calls and BB calls. Turn is a 9, BB bets, I raise unknown calls, BB 3bets ([censored]) I call, unkwown calls. River is an A, BB leads I raise unkown 3bets and BB caps.

I wasn't sure about the flop and turn (i had to turn this into a real post). but basically i wanted to just say
RESULTS:
me AAA88 (AA)
unkwown 888AA (A8)
BB 88822 (82)

It was scary as hell. From here on out I raise Aces.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:18 PM

Absolute 2/4
KK
AQ
AJ
AK

all in a row, lost them all. $70 in 4 hands. grrrreat.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute 2/4
KK
AQ
AJ
AK

all in a row, lost them all. $70 in 4 hands. grrrreat.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the poker gods frowning upon you for limping AA. Get used to it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 08:04 PM

Default GOD I HATE POKER

I've lost $150 at 1/2 in two days. The cards have been UNREAL. QQ UTG runs into AA UTG+1. AA gets beat by 99. I raise KQo from MP, just the blinds call.. I flop TP Q's and a gutshot on a two-tone board, BB bets, I raise, SB folds, BB calls. I turn the straight, BB bets, I raise, he calls. River completes the flush, BB bets, I call, of course he has it. THE VERY NEXT HAND, I turn another straight and get beat by a rivered full house.

I HATE YOU VARAINCE [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: GOD I HATE POKER

[ QUOTE ]
I've lost $150 at 1/2 in two days. The cards have been UNREAL. QQ UTG runs into AA UTG+1. AA gets beat by 99. I raise KQo from MP, just the blinds call.. I flop TP Q's and a gutshot on a two-tone board, BB bets, I raise, SB folds, BB calls. I turn the straight, BB bets, I raise, he calls. River completes the flush, BB bets, I call, of course he has it. THE VERY NEXT HAND, I turn another straight and get beat by a rivered full house.

I HATE YOU VARAINCE [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

150/2 = 75 BB.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is all.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

150/2 = 75 BB.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you've had worse bad runs doesn't mean I have. 75BB is by far my worst. Another 50 BB and I'm going back to bonus whoring because my confidence will be completely shot, even though I know I'm playing decently.

PS - this *is* the no content thread.. going out of your way to insult me is pretty retarded.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:26 PM

:hug: it gets worse, but I promise you, it gets better, too.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:06 PM

Default RETARDED WIN RATE QUESTION!!!!

I got ripped on enough to move this here.

My winrate in PT for 1/2 6max is 9.3 for 4300 hands. I believe that I have on the order of 8k hands total with a similar win rate, though I do not have them in PT.

To piss you guys off with lame stats even more, my VPIP/PFR is 36/23.

Discuss.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: RETARDED WIN RATE QUESTION!!!!

It can go down just as fast.