Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Third Coming of the Designated No Content Thread! (Post it in here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly are you looking for? I just had a bad session and can try to make a post with some content, but I'm not sure what I would say? Was there anything specific you wanted to discuss? Also, if this was sarcastic, then please ignore or respond in a belittling manner.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey jax,

I was thinking about someone complaining because they lost 75 BB in a session or something like that. Then I could reply and tell about how I lost even more one time blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case it sounds like a whiny bitch post in the NC thread would be fine. Please confirm this.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly are you looking for? I just had a bad session and can try to make a post with some content, but I'm not sure what I would say? Was there anything specific you wanted to discuss? Also, if this was sarcastic, then please ignore or respond in a belittling manner.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey jax,

I was thinking about someone complaining because they lost 75 BB in a session or something like that. Then I could reply and tell about how I lost even more one time blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case it sounds like a whiny bitch post in the NC thread would be fine. Please confirm this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Confirmed. But if it goes in here, it is a little obscure. It will get mixed up with other stuff and I don't think many people read this thread, anyway. This is only my second time opening it. The first time was just to post that I hadn't read any part of the thread up to that point, and I didn't intend to going forward.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey jax,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Confirmed. But if it goes in here, it is a little obscure. How many people read this thread? This is only my second time opening it. The first time was just to post that I hadn't read any of the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
i read every post in it, multiple times a day.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:47 AM

The current count is 3029 views. I'd say that's some readership.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The current count is 3029 views. I'd say that's some readership.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have easily refreshed this thread in my browser over 500 times.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:50 AM

Tonight was soooo shitty. I played for about 5 hours, and dropped 66BBs at 5/10. This one hand, I had QQ and it got capped preflop. The flop came QJ8, one bet went in on the flop. Turn came J. 3 bets went in on the turn. River came 7 completing a flush draw, and 7 bets went in on the river. The guy turned over JJ and MHING. To round out the session, I had TT, and AQs twice. I raised each preflp and lost in poor form. It was so bad. Has anybody ever experienced a downswing like this before?

I thought I was a winning player before, but now I am thinking I may need to move down to 2/4. What can I do to improve my game? Should I bet trying to raise my VPIP or go to showdown more often? I think I need to start making better reads so that I can raise when I have the nuts, but fold when I will lose. Please help me out if you have any advice or anything. Are these swings normal? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:55 AM

nh. I was almost fooled. I've never read the NC thread before, is this common?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was almost fooled

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is all true.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody ever experienced a downswing like this before?

I thought I was a winning player before, but now I am thinking I may need to move down to 2/4. What can I do to improve my game? Should I bet trying to raise my VPIP or go to showdown more often? I think I need to start making better reads so that I can raise when I have the nuts, but fold when I will lose. Please help me out if you have any advice or anything. Are these swings normal? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm talking about.

Pure Gold.

Deserves it's own thread.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:01 AM

Except for the part where you are thinking about moving back down and asking for advice, right?

I figured the rest was true.