MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Last Week of the Baseball Season Thread (AL)***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a 200m payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were an A's fan, this would be an appropriate comeback. As it is with your team spending significantly more than any non-Yankee team, it's just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not.

I have posted numerous times about how the Yankees payroll is ENORMOUSLY out of whack with the rest of baseball, with the Red Sox just being at the top of the rest, yet not that far away from other large market teams.

I love how Yankee fans (not you obv) whine when people bring up payroll, yet its and enormous factor in how a team performs.

The Yankees payroll in relation to the rest of baseball is like entering Carl Lewis in the special Olympics and lavshing him with praise when he beats Corky out in the final leg of the 400m.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a 200m payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were an A's fan, this would be an appropriate comeback. As it is with your team spending significantly more than any non-Yankee team, it's just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not.

I have posted numerous times about how the Yankees payroll is ENORMOUSLY out of whack with the rest of baseball, with the Red Sox just being at the top of the rest, yet not that far away from other large market teams.

I love how Yankee fans (not you obv) whine when people bring up payroll, yet its and enormous factor in how a team performs.

The Yankees payroll in relation to the rest of baseball is like entering Carl Lewis in the special Olympics and lavshing him with praise when he beats Corky out in the final leg of the 400m.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Boston payroll is a whopping 20% higher than the next highest team. That's not "just being at the top". It's also an enormous gap. If the Yankees didn't exist, people would be talking about how absurd the Boston payroll is. Don't kid yourself. For all practical purposes, what New York is to Boston, Boston is to everyone else in terms of payroll.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a 200m payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Boston payroll is a whopping 20% higher than the next highest team. That's not "just being at the top". It's also an enormous gap. If the Yankees didn't exist, people would be talking about how absurd the Boston payroll is. Don't kid yourself. For all practical purposes, what New York is to Boston, Boston is to everyone else in terms of payroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you consider the NYY have a payroll of 60% more than the next team that has a 20% edgde over the 3rd team you see why i consider it silly the NYY and red sox are lumped together when discussing payrolls. Also, the fact that the Red Sox are in the same division as the Yankees FORCES the red sox to spend more than any other team.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a 200m payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you consider the NYY have a payroll of 60% more than the next team that has a 20% edgde over the 3rd team you see why i consider it silly the NYY and red sox are lumped together when discussing payrolls. Also, the fact that the Red Sox are in the same division as the Yankees FORCES the red sox to spend more than any other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last sentence has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

As I said before, the gap between the Yankees and Boston has nothing to do with the fact that the Boston vs Anyone Else gap is also completely absurd. Meaning it's also absurd for Boston fans to keep throwing out the payroll issue at Yankee fans.

Look, you are both the same. You have become what you hate. That's ok, but just don't act holier than thou when you've already sold your soul. And note I don't blame Boston for spending money, I wish my team had that kind of cash. But I do think it's ridiculous for Boston fans to take shots at the Yankees when their team operates with the same absurd advantage.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the Yankees didn't exist, people would be talking about how absurd the Boston payroll is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. The Red Sox payroll is a function of the Yankees' payroll. The Sox (ownership and management) always seem to say they want to keep payroll under control. But, due to the rivalry, they succumb to the pressure to keep up with the Yankees as much as possible.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a 200m payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said before, the gap between the Yankees and Boston has nothing to do with the fact that the Boston vs Anyone Else gap is also completely absurd. Meaning it's also absurd for Boston fans to keep throwing out the payroll issue at Yankee fans.

Look, you are both the same. You have become what you hate. That's ok, but just don't act holier than thou when you've already sold your soul. And note I don't blame Boston for spending money, I wish my team had that kind of cash. But I do think it's ridiculous for Boston fans to take shots at the Yankees when their team operates with the same absurd advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is 60% the same as 20%?
Old 10-02-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the Yankees didn't exist, people would be talking about how absurd the Boston payroll is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. The Red Sox payroll is a function of the Yankees' payroll. The Sox (ownership and management) always seem to say they want to keep payroll under control. But, due to the rivalry, they succumb to the pressure to keep up with the Yankees as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a cop out.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a 200m payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a 200m payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i just wanted to requote this.

it looks cool.