Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Re: So who DO/DON\'T you want at your final table?

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey, Gus Hansen, Ted Forrest and the Devilfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Five of the wildes most unpredictable players on the WPT? I don't know, with everyones stacks about equal, if you sat back and let them kick each others teeth in, you've got a descent chance at 3rd place money without every risking your stack.

I think I'd like this lineup. Though I'd be shaking in my boots to have any combination of 2 or 3 of them at my table 9 handed.

Bubbagump
Old 06-14-2004, 01:05 PM

I'll give it a go:

Nightmare table:
1. Hanson
2. Ivey
3. Scotty N.
4. Lederer
5. Fossilman
6. Andy Bloch
7. Vahedi
8. Devilfish
9. Hellmuth (sorry but it's true)

The combination of poker brilliance, intelligence, fearlessness, instincts and few mega LAGS for good measure would make this game rather unpleasant. And I do think it's the mix that would make it impossible.

Bad Dream but Not Disaster Table
1. Varkoni
2. Buss
3. Grizzle (amusement factor a definite plus)
4. Boyd
5. J. Lester
6. Maureen F.
7. The REALLY annoying Russian guy from the French WPT tourney (his interaction with Grizzle would be...well, interesting).
8. Clonie
9. WSOP cop from San Francisco.

There's not doubt I'd lose at both tables but I'd lose faster and have a bigger headache with table 1.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

9. WSOP cop from San Francisco.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way think of that huge bad beat he took against dutch boyd when his nut flush didn't come, i mean dammn if he would have hit that he would have gone on to win the tourney!
Old 06-14-2004, 02:44 PM

the WSOP San Fran cop was typical party player. Someone raised preflop, flop came K high guy went all in with AK and cop called with 1010 without even thinking. Then he called for a runner runner flush against Boyd and called a huge bet on the turn for his flush. Amazing stuff.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Five of the wildes most unpredictable players on the WPT? I don't know, with everyones stacks about equal, if you sat back and let them kick each others teeth in, you've got a descent chance at 3rd place money without every risking your stack.

I think I'd like this lineup. Though I'd be shaking in my boots to have any combination of 2 or 3 of them at my table 9 handed.

Bubbagump

[/ QUOTE ]

They maybe wild an unpredictable but all 5 are real top class players. It wouldn't take long for them to pick up on someone a bit afraid of getting involved.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he WSOP San Fran cop was typical party player. Someone raised preflop, flop came K high guy went all in with AK and cop called with 1010 without even thinking. Then he called for a runner runner flush against Boyd and called a huge bet on the turn for his flush. Amazing stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and he turned up his A5s like he was proud of it too.

My dream table would be (and it has nothing to do with who I think I might beat):

Tony G.
X-22
Island of Crete
Vince Van Patten
Bob Stupak
Old 06-15-2004, 05:33 AM

Dream table:

HOMER SIMPSON. Not very clever. Easily distracted by beer and donuts, which you continuously will serve him.
NED FLANDERS. A sweet-diddeli-du-guy, totally without pokerface and uncapable of lying (bluffing). Will end up giving you all his money when his quads beat your full, because he feels sorry for you. Or you can simply claim them.
PRINCIPAL SKINNER. Very predictable. Does everything strictly by the book.
RALPH WIGGUM. "What is a card?"
CATHERINE ZETA-JONES. Nice to have a beautiful human being between all those yellow-faced, four-fingered creatures.

Nightmare table:
MONTGOMERY BURNS. A greedy, money-obsessed multibillionaire still on top of his game despite the fact that he is older than USA. Thinks "moral" means the ability to make money, and will use every dirty trick you can and can't imagine if there is a cent to gain.
SMITHERS. Yes, a wuss. But he will do anything for his boss Mr. Burns, and they make a good colluding team.
MAYOR QUIMBY. As a politician, lying, cheating, deceiving and manipulating comes very natural to him. Dangerous opponent who can take the game beyond the pokertable.
CHIEF WIGGUM. Almost as smart as his son Ralph. But - he has a gun, and the authority to make arrests.
PHIL HELLMUTH. Listening to all his whining when he constantly is outplayed by Burns/Smithers would drive even Dalai Lama crazy.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:13 AM

I assume leaving out Dan Harrington is an oversight.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume leaving out Dan Harrington is an oversight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ?
Old 06-15-2004, 08:53 AM

He won in 1995. He made the final table the last 2 years. He made the final table at least once before that I am aware of. Seems pretty tough to me.