Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: $60k in 60 Days -- Days 4 & 5

If you have the ability to make $60K in 60 days, why the hell are you living with your mother?

-Michael
Old 05-18-2004, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the ability to make $60K in 60 days, why the hell are you living with your mother?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 20, and if I were to move out now my motives for doing so would be obvious and likely cause further rifts to have to deal with.

Maybe it's different in other parts of the country, but in MN it's not uncommon for 20 year olds to return home after college gets out.

There are plenty of other reasons too, such as enjoying spending time with old highschool buds. I don't think I need to list them all though. And if you could have free room and board, why wouldn't you take it?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you could just post it all in one thread

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be a good idea. I think when 6 & 7 come around I'll post them in this thread, and see how that works out. If I try that and still feel too intrusive in this forum, I might just move them to a xanga site or something.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:07 PM

I don't see how having a thread with hundreds of replies is gonna unclog the board. Just keep posting them like you have been. Lumping them all together will be a mess.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:08 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's different in other parts of the country, but in MN it's not uncommon for 20 year olds to return home after college gets out.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not uncommon, there are bums everywhere!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:09 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

it's easier to skip over one huge thread than it is to skip over many small threads. if he puts it all in one, it will be a clogged THREAD, not a clogged BOARD.

i think a blog is probably a good choice for it though, with a thread for conversation about it.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:18 PM

what is your party id?
Old 05-18-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Racing Schneids

Since Schneids asked, I'll post every 5 days. On my day 5, I'm currently at +5132. I gotta say that it has been a pleasure talking with Schneids and this goal has really increased the level of my play as well.

My daily breakdown has approximately been:
Day 1: 1,310
Day 2: 1,544
Day 3: 1,259
Day 4: 683
Day 5: 336

With only 1 hour on day five, I plan on scoring a buncha more hours later. I'm also going to start keeping track of my overall hours to keep the results between Schneids, me, and the others relative - though my quest can only last 30(nonconsecutive) days. I'll catch you, Schneids. I will.
-James
Old 05-18-2004, 09:56 PM

Being a whole 1 year older than you (22 in june), I can definetly speak from experience about this. When I was about 18/19, my parents and I would fight constantly, not about much, they would just bitch my ear off about coming home late, not cleaning up, etc. So I just moved out, me and 3 of my buddies pooled our limited income together got a 2k sqft house, and chilled for the best 2 years of my life. I was working at the time for about 20k a year + 4k in tuition assistance, but I also bought/fixed up/sold old cars, so I had about 5k cash there too. Im 100% sicilian, and you just dont move out of your parents house until you are married if you are Italian. My parents were mad/disappointed etc, for the first couple months after I told them I was going to move out, but when I signed the lease, they became happy for me, because they saw it was soemthing that I wanted to do. Im now closer and on better terms with them than I ever have been. I say move the hell out, with a 60k nut you can afford some decent digs, and a sweet car.

PS WTF is up with saying you could do better than Jessica Simpson...there is no better.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:04 PM

nice post

you think you have problems ! - i have the issue of family being divided over my gambling addiction - its been going on since i was 12 which is 25 years ago - my mum has eventually relented and whilst she would prefer that i become a judge accepts i succeed at gambling and its what i like to do - that took about 15 years

as for my partner she is one of the least forgiving people i know - she hates gambling - she tolerated it but lost the plot regularly when i started spending 8-10 hours a week playing poker on-line - i figured that i didnt have the patience to wait her out for 15 years so i spent the first 12K or so i made on-line buying her a big rock (actually its about the size of a small piece of gravel) - that didnt do it (she is a hard unit) - for the last 5 months or so i have resorted to paying her hush money - 1K US a week - expensive but successful so far

i thought it was some greek bloke who came up with "everything in moderation" ? - my experience of eastern european card players is that they are normally very good

stripsqueez - chickenhawk