Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Gaza Baby Killers

[ QUOTE ]
you say the palestinians have adopted more evil tactics, but is there really a difference between a palestinian blowing himself up on a bus and israeli soldiers bulldozing houses?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe there's a huge difference.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:13 PM

Default I need a Kit-Kat

last i heard israel was in the business of murdering palestinians

Give me a god-damn break.

Murder by definition requires intent. Israel doesn't murder Palestinians - they murder terrorists. Normal Palestinians don't have much to worry about if they'd stop aiding and abetting terrorists.

Who told you this? Alger? Who thinks the government is secretly controlling our minds?
Old 05-04-2004, 03:15 PM

but daryn---the Israelis are targeting militants and political leaders, while the Palestinians are killing kids on purpose. I mean come on, it isn't even close to the same thing. And bulldozing homes isn't even in the same arena.

Hypothetically speaking, which would be more abhorrent to you: to have your home bulldozed, or to have your kids murdered?
Old 05-04-2004, 03:15 PM

what is the difference? let's try leaving words like "palestinian" and "israeli" out of the conversation.

there are two towns, X and Y. X'ers hate Y'ers, and vice versa.

occasionally X'ers will strap bombs to themselves and go into crowded Y-populated shops and busses and blow themselves up, killing innocent Y'ers.

occasionally Y'ers bulldoze the houses of innocent X'ers, killing the innocents that live within.

difference?
Old 05-04-2004, 03:18 PM

When Y takes this action as a response and deterrent to X's action, the moral implications are clear.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:20 PM

so basically you're saying Y is justified. in other words, if X hits me first, then i, as a Y'er, will hit back, and hard!

funny how you take Y's side immediately.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:24 PM

Chris you are using faulty reasoning here. If Israelis prevent, say, 95% of intended Palestinian suicide bombing attacks, it means the Palestinians were really trying to kill 20 times as many Israelis as actually were killed. Now figure that in with your stats and see that the Palestinians have really attempted to murder many times the number of Israeli children as those figures would indicate. The fact that more Palestinian kids have been killed is due to myriad factors, not the least of which is that the Israelis are rather good at stopping most attacks.

Your perspective and duplicity are disgusting. You know as well as anybody that the Palestinians have tried to murder FAR MORE Israelis than the reverse, yet you cite figures in a misleading manner for deceit and propaganda purposes. Shame on you. Furthermore you know or can pretty well guess that B-Man has no "neo-Nazi" outlook: nothing he has ever posted that I have read would indicate that he has.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
occasionally Y'ers bulldoze the houses of innocent X'ers, killing the innocents that live within.

difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't the Israelis give warning of a bulldozing about to take place? It's not like it comes out of nowhere like a missile or a suicide bombing explosion. They see it coming and have time to vacate don't they? I suspect very few Palestinians die in bulldozings.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:31 PM

how nice of them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

it just seems like all of these arguments for one side or the other suck. all you guys are trying to say, "this group did this, that group did that"... "this group did this to so many people, but my group has only done that to half as many people so it's better" ... etc.

this is why i never take sides either. i just try to think about the situation, and make a comment. we all know that you and gamblor are on the same team, and then there's alger and whoever on another team, and then adios and this one and that one.. you know what i'm saying.

i bounce around from team to team because i try to make sense when i talk, and i'd hate to be in a spot where my team is saying something i think it stupid.

same deal with democrat/republican.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:53 PM

I'm really not on any "team" and I favor and appreciate the independent point of view.

I'm not so much pro-Israel as I am against the terror and stupidity of the Palestinians. Their targeting of innocents actions so revolts me--and so does terrorism in general--and so does tyranny. Also, I have very low tolerance for unbearably stupid ideas that are also very harmful, like this international jihadist crap, or aspirations to martyrdom.

Show me anyone who is both stupid and violent, and chances are I will look down on them. Can't help it.