Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Seniors get it right

[ QUOTE ]
Gonzalez: "Whether we like them or not, the Taliban [are] more Afghani than we are. Their resistance is more legitimate than our invasion, regardless of the fact that our social values are probably more enlightened than theirs.

Al-Qaeda won't be defeated in Afghanistan, even if we did kill all their operatives there. Only through careful and logical changing of the underlying conditions that allow for the ideology to foster will Al-Qaeda be defeated. Ask the Israelis if 50 years of blunt force have eradicated the Palestinian resistance."

[/ QUOTE ]

Cyrus: Just about as well said as can be.

More stupid thoughts could not be better said.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Another dumb death for hegemony

Chris,

So you think we shouldn't have attacked al-Qaeda's base in response to 9/11?
Old 05-04-2004, 01:25 PM

"Damage control." They were conveniently located at various stations around the boat to pound things in the event of a casualty.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:35 PM

We didn't attack "al-Qaeda's base;" we bombed civilian centers throughout Afghanistan to overthrow its government and install a pliant warlord. The excuse for this was the Taliban's refusal to attempt what the U.S. Army couldn't do: capture and hand over bin Laden.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:50 PM

So you think we shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan and routed al-Qaeda from their base and training camps. You think we shouldn't have overthrown the Taliban, who were in bed with al-Qaeda and in efect were what enabled al-Qaeda to have such an excellent base for their terrorist training.

I guess we can just always count on Chris Alger to take a position contrary to U.S. interests.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:06 PM

She's actually being generous by describing Tillman

Rene Gonzalez is a man.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We didn't attack "al-Qaeda's base;"

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say WE, and you don't appreciate brave American's like Pat Tillman, maybe YOU shouldn't be an American. Please leave OUR country you waste of space.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:48 PM

Please leave OUR country you waste of space.

I hate doing this, but....

Despite the fact that I disagreee vehemently with Chris Alger's attitude and opinion about the US and capitalism, I am also completely turned off by your attitude.

The day someone is made to feel uncomfortable about living in this country because he or she disagrees with our policy and expresses that opinion is the day *I* stop wanting to live here.

This is the greatest country in the world *because* we not only tolerate dissent, but accept it as a prerequisite to freedom.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:16 PM

Kurn,

I completely support his right to say what he wants, but to me what he is saying is this: "I hate American's." Not: "I hate our policy." When he say's Pat Tillman was an idiot, what he say's to me is that he hates Americans. And if he hates our people, then he hates our country, and he should find somewhere else to live.

Please don't categorize me as one of those people that says, "America, love it or leave it" when they hear or see people protesting about things I disagree with. That's not me at all. I fully support our right to protest and free speech, there just comes a point where I think people need to move on and go somewhere else if they are not happy.

If you hated the people you lived with, wouldn't you leave?

Dog
Old 05-05-2004, 04:50 PM

Well...SouthernDog is expressing his views, too--as is his right. Nobody has a right to be protected from feeling uncomfortable. That said, I don't care for the love it or leave it attitude either, (although in the case of Chris Alger I think it is almost merited, since his hatred of the USA shines through in many a post. Nevertheless, such expression is his right. It's also anyone's right to suggest he take a hike. As long as legislation doesn't prevent Chris from expressing his views, I'll still be glad I live here).