Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Offers - any advice?

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Trust is really my main issue and I got two PMs recommending certain players so I am PMing them to see what percentages they offer.

I suppose I could sign up as my girlfriend- although she hates me playing poker so much that it'll be a very tough sell. =]

Old 04-28-2004, 05:57 AM

Default Re: What kind of deals do people have with their Affialates???

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm clueless too. I have an existing account on Party, and I've given party over $600 in rake playing 2/4 the last two weeks. It sounds like I'm supposed to be doing something to get a portion of that back

[/ QUOTE ]

i was clueless when i first used an affiliate and i got ripped off via info i got from this forum - if i had done some more research maybe it wouldnt of happened but the moral is you cant inform yourself too much

you can probably open an account at a party skin via an affiliate and get a rake rebate - empire is likely best as they offer a greater % to thier affiliates than the other skins - this assumes you dont already have an account with the skin concerned

there a bunch of past posts from this forum on the topic of opening an account at a different skin if you have say an existing party account

in my view you should definately do the research - its a game of small margins and potentially you could get a rebate around $300 a month playing as much as you say

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 04-28-2004, 06:06 AM

Default Re: A Deal is a Deal.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know about you..but my affilaite is eugeene..and he pays pretty good...but I have to give him back-rubs on thursdays...which kind of sux. But a deals a deal

[/ QUOTE ]

the infamous eugene normally offers 50% - he provides little if any decent advice or assistance to people he signs up - he encourages players to open "new" accounts thereby commiting fraud - he can be inconsistent about paying

sounds like a bad affiliate arrangement to me

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 04-28-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Offers - any advice?

1) Offers 67% of his 20% at Party or Empire. Warns me to be skeptical of some of the newer affiliates because they sometimes have problems or get shut down for fraud. Claims to have a strong relationship with the staff of party and empire. Says he can track my rake to the penny whereas some other affiliates can not.

if this poster has more than 500 posts, i would absolutely take offer #1. no hesitation

Old 04-28-2004, 01:59 PM

Default Re: A Deal is a Deal. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 04-28-2004, 02:01 PM

Default *SPAM*

Old 04-28-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: New here- please help

I've been lurking on 2+2 for some time now. I'm also relatively new to online poker and certainly new to the prospect of affiliates and rake rebates. Thus far, I have played primarily 2-4, 200NL, 20+2 SnGs, and MTT and have done so exclusively at Paradise.

I'm looking to branch out into Party and Stars and would appreciate PMs regarding reputable affiliates (reputation for timely and complete payouts being more important to me than % returned). Matty and others, any information you wish to forward would also be appreciated.

Thanks both for your past help with this lurker's game and for any future assistance regarding these affiliates.

Best,
mersilis
Old 04-28-2004, 03:43 PM

Default Re: New here- please help

how do I get rebates from my rakes? I signed up at Party Poker already. Can I cancel and re-sign up?
Old 04-29-2004, 12:19 AM

I too would be interested in any information on reliable affiliates. Thanks.

M
Old 04-29-2004, 11:28 PM

If some reputable affilliates can contact me about getting a percentage of my rake back plus 20% bonus on my first deposit PM me.