Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 11:30 PM

Default Re: 2-4 nl @ palms...

this works much better in live games where people tell you what they have by how they call. this is why online poker sucks.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:12 AM

Default i like this...

i might be wrong here. if these dudes dont flop top pair or a good draw they wont go with me...i win on the flop. if an A flops i win. i feel with the times i make a hand plus the times they fold a winner i'm a fav. i want to get $45 in so i get a little pot going as a fav.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:15 AM

even bad players make "correct" plays on flops like 446 and overcall is scary even if you're in with "spoodgy" and "assesoverweight". everyone knows what is winning at this point.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why take control of the pot? This hand is x,x and in this game x,x just isn't profitable for a steal, it's a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you play in live games? I cannot count how many times I have stolen a pot by raising to $10, $15 or $20 PF, then following up with a $30-$60 bet on the flop (obviously depending upon the number of callers). Bad players often want to see the flop with trash hands even if it means paying 3x-6x BB.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:56 PM

I don't play live. My idiot mistake, sorry.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:24 PM

If you're "done" when you get two calls on that flop, these guys are pretty damn tight. Maybe my games are just really loose (which is probably true, as I'm playing $50 NL on party), but I happily bet the turn for value expecting one guy to have A6 and the other to have 88.

If I didn't have much money behind (or the other guy didn't) I would reraise the river as well. Actually, even with pretty deep stacks I'd raise as well - I think he's got 35 a lot more often than a bigger boat that he checked behind on the turn.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:27 PM

Default wash, rinse, repeat...

...ok this is my strategy i've won a bundle doing it but i wont let results get in the way of someone proving to me it's wrong.

there is a new breed of player on the scene. this player learned at 6-12 limit and KNOWS tptk (or better) is a through ticket.

theyve also watched the wpt religiously and KNOW any two cards are playable at NL and you push any hand with an ace or a pair hard pre-flop. Theyt also know their entire stack is at risk every hand sooo they're gonna need a monster like TPTK to go with you after the flop.

I call these players "sand fleas" (caffione)

if i get 2 or less fleas in with me i raise w/ xx. position isnt important cause im gonna bet on almost any flop and brush these fleas off. if one of em holds on then it gets down to the flop how they called what my holding is and the type of flea i'm in against sometimes i frie 2 barrels sometimes 3 sometimes i shut down altogether.

bet amount pre flop that both flease will call..bet amount post flop that both fleas will fold. wash. rinse. repeat.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:14 PM

After the descriptions you gave of your opponents I cannot see how you would really be very worried on the turn or river. These are not good players we are talking about here, and if I've learned anything from the poker explosion, I've learned that more often than not you do just fine when you make a crying call against a moron.

I do understand slowing down tho, they COULD have anything. Like J4 or some crap!

al