Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Bloody mary

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but did you used to abolutely love tomato juice? That's the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and on top of this, did you ever win 3 grand for drinking tomato juice?

I understand how you feel, Dentist. It's harder to give it up not just because you used to like it, but because it was a source of satisfaction, a part of your self image, and on top of that it can be profitable. Winning the money probably isn't as great for you as it is for a broke guy like me, but maybe treating yourself with your poker winnings would be a way to spice it up. Do something you absolutely love. Or even better, use it for something you're not supposed to. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You might already have done this, and it didn't work. I've been in similar situations before (not with poker; the only reason I win money is because my friends are lousy players) and it's tough to give something up like that. If you think it's not going to make you happy, do something else that will. Don't just quit poker cold turkey and leave a gaping void in your life.

Good luck.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Bloody mary

funny no thumb, but your suggestion is one i've took well.

I did take a little of the cash, bought some stuff just for me, and it felt GREAT.

Got the itch to play again, and I took third in a big multi last weekend for another cool $1000

I'm going to completely limit my play to 1-2 multi's per week and my monthly dentist game for live poker... and Vegas of course.

This should keep me fresh, interested, and I'm playing the best poker I've ever played.

Also, I'm playing more with friends (like having a poker buddy over and splitting the action 50/50 in a tourney) to keep from getting bored.

Poker afternoons are FUN and sometimes hella-profitable..

Thanx to all for the input!
Old 05-05-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Getting sick of poker (not because of bad beats)

I play for the money, theres definetly better things to do.
Some reasons bout you, perhaps cause you're a dentist, the little money you win has little effect on you.

Me, I'm a college student with poker being my only source of income.

Take a break from poker and you'll find it all the more enjoyable when you come back. We all get bored from time to time.