Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 05:19 AM

Default Results

http://tinyurl.com/2su4y

This hand was from an old thread. The results are there.

I was knocking around the archives and saw this thread which has some excellent debate. Good to see that the current group of posters hit on some of the same key issues.

FWIW, I still think it is essentially a 3-bet or fold type of spot as I initially responded several years ago. The issue of betting the turn, which Snakehead brings up now, was also brought up then by Sklansky.

Some very good posters and comments in this thread. I think its excellent reading. There's some awesome stuff buried around here.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:23 AM

Default Re: 80-160 hand

[ QUOTE ]

It's very possible I'm not 3-betting often enough in these kind of spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this was my point initially. I think that if you decide to continue, you simply must get that 3rd player out by 3-betting. Otherwise, I'd really just fold.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, is there more pre-flop cold-calling in 80-160 than in 40-80?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this means you saw through Clark's little ruse or if you were just still curious two years later.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:52 PM

"Little ruse"

Not a ruse, it was an interesting hand. Both times.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Good find!

I like this idea of bringing up old posts. It's like a little reader's digest, help you find the really interesting hands. And there are a lot of new names out here who will have interesting things to say.

Keep up the good work, because most of us are too lazy to read old posts as well as new...
Old 03-31-2004, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Results

Too bad Sredni, Abdul and "Angelina" are no longer around, and that SKP makes only infrequent appearances.

I note that I asked the same stupid question three years ago as I asked now. Live and don't learn. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Good find!

[ QUOTE ]
I like this idea of bringing up old posts. It's like a little reader's digest, help you find the really interesting hands. And there are a lot of new names out here who will have interesting things to say.

Keep up the good work, because most of us are too lazy to read old posts as well as new...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. That's what I was hoping people would get from this, other than thinking about a very interesting hand. Any thread that has posts from Fekali, Abdul, SKP, Brier and Sklansky has got to be worth (re)reading for basically every one of us.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:06 PM

This was a great thread. But I wish in the original thread, Jim B. had mentioned something about the two players behind him and how they played. Surely if the guy has the ability to cold call a raise with Q6s, that Jim B would have had some hint of this innate ability from watching him play in previous hands. To me, that is very useful information that could reflect how someone would play it differently. Given his aggressiveness, I wonder if Jim B. actually knew that before this hand started also. Those two combinations (loose pre-Flop, ultra aggressive after) seem very important details to know. I understand there are many in the 80-160 games in LA & LV that are capable of both, but there are also many that are only one or the other, i.e, loose preflop, but not ultra aggerssive after....or standard preflop and ultra aggressive when they do play a hand. Given an understanding of where this playing stands is useful.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Good find!

I concur with Bartholow. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:39 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only fool who thought 3 bet, fold to a 4 bet first off. Even gladder to see (even though results don't matter) that is was the right play in this given hand.