Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2004, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Easy Fold?

D'oh!
Old 03-19-2004, 09:34 AM

If there's a joke here, I'm missing it. If there is some subtle sarcasm involved, I feel dumb for missing it. If I simply do not understand your thought process, oh well, I'm missing it.

No way do I fold here. At worst, I'm calling and then firing at the turn when a blank hits.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:29 AM

Default WoW.

This has to be the worst collection of replies I've ever seen to a post in Mid-High.

A combination of bad advice, sarcasm, and meaningless chatter.

Whats up with that?

-Scott
Old 03-19-2004, 11:05 AM

Default Results

Of course not only did I not fold the flop but I 3 bet. I was then promptly 4 bet and stubbornly called. At this point, I was 99% sure tourist had a set, but, I decided to be a moron and call. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] The turn brought 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] giving me the backdoor flush draw, gutshot straight draw and gutshot straight flush draw (in addition to the 2 remaining 10s). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I check called the turn and when the river brought 4d, I still paid it off to see a set of 7s.

The title of this post was made somewhat in jest. I don't know any poster on this forum that would fold to a single raise heads up on the flop with an overpair. I certainly would never do that. However, when I 3 bet and my tourist pal 4 bet, I cannot possibly be ahead. I should have folded right then, but I got stubborn and then caught a turn card which cost me an additional bet. My idiotic calling instead of folding cost me in this hand.

The thing that nobody understood about my post was that this nice gentelman is not raising me on the flop when I bet out having 3 bet from the big blind before the flop. He already knew he was behind before the flop. He announced that he was behind before the flop. When he raised me, he could beat an overpair. He had only a set or (much less likely) 2 pair.

I would never fold my hand for a single raise on that board, but I guess I should have. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Babe [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
The title of this post was made somewhat in jest. I don't know any poster on this forum that would fold to a single raise heads up on the flop with an overpair. I certainly would never do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Praise the Lord. I'll admit to being "concerned."
Old 03-19-2004, 12:19 PM

hi babe
he's got AK babe....right now. you won't really have a solid handle on him until the turn. reraise and bet-out on the turn. if he 4 bets, i think you can check-fold the turn babe, you. i've yet to meet the first opponent ever to lie to you babe.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that nobody understood about my post was that this nice gentelman is not raising me on the flop when I bet out having 3 bet from the big blind before the flop. He already knew he was behind before the flop. He announced that he was behind before the flop. When he raised me, he could beat an overpair. He had only a set or (much less likely) 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you need to get out of hands like this isn't that you should fold when he 3-bets you, but that your game is way way too predictable that such a chain of thoughts is possible.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:36 PM

Default Re: WoW.

[ QUOTE ]
This has to be the worst collection of replies I've ever seen to a post in Mid-High.

A combination of bad advice, sarcasm, and meaningless chatter.

Whats up with that?

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

So enlighten us with your analysis instead of contributing to the very thing that you are complaining about.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:00 PM

hi babe
you have to call the turn babe. if i'm reading the results correctly here, you think that calling the flop produced a card for you that kept you in there with the loser; that you opened yourself up to being inticed by the turn into calling on the river. no. you need to improve. you're not looking to win, you're looking to improve; you're trying to get under the cover of the mathematical safety perimeter. a lesser calibre player would have to call the river too. i would have to call it every time. but not you babe. the amount of money that you save by playing rather than going out on an entertainment spending spree like a lot of less thrifty minded, and addicted yet, entertainment junkies babe, and you know who i'm talking about; they waste fortunes on incredible entertainment fixes that makes the damage done to purse that even loose aggressive players are capable of wroughting seem to pale in comparison; while you babe, on the other hand, are thrifty to see the savings here. if it were pavarotti himself babe, himself, you couldn't be happier with the fold. even if you call in this spot, just think of all the money you've saved.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course not only did I not fold the flop but I 3 bet. I was then promptly 4 bet and stubbornly called. At this point, I was 99% sure tourist had a set,....

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerbabe,

That is infomation that should have been in your initial post. Again, this is very important in reference to how well you knew the tourist player. A point I repeately made in my post. You left that out. So no real poker analysis could properly or fully be done as to the hand in question, so to speak.

-Zeno