Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2004, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Mirage Advice?

[ QUOTE ]
Is the 6-12 or 10-20 more profitable at he Mirage.
How about the 4-8 vs 8-16 at the Bellagio?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am always amused when people ask this question, like there is even an answer for it. I've played in the same game at the same table at the Mirage ($6/12) that turned from extremely loose/passive games to tight/aggressive in one orbit and then back again a few orbits later...

The answer of course, is that it's impossible to give a general answer for how 'good' a game is. If you want to size up a game - watch it for a couple orbits and you'll get a pretty good idea as to how it's going to play - at least while that lineup is there.

I was playing a 10/20 game in Lake Charles this weekend that was about as tight as I've seen anywhere. One dude shows up and starts spewing chips and all of a sudden everyone's in the pot trying to catch a hand against him or raising everyone else out to isolate. Funny side note - the 'spewer' guy is at the table maybe 45 minutes and catches 2 runner-runner flushes against the same dude (busts him out) and another runner-runner straight against another dude - racks up and rolls away (he was in a wheelchair).

I would say, in general, that the dayshift games are going to be tighter/more aggressive than when the sun goes down and the loosey's show up.

How 'beatable' are the games? I think Clark answered that pretty well...
Old 03-22-2004, 05:09 PM

I played at the Mirage this weekend; the 10-20 game was good Saturday afternoon - meaning good players and good play - and insane Sunday afternoon. Very loose - generally one raise before the flop and a couple on the flop, called all the way down; raised hands included 46o. I had to get a table change, the second table resembled the first within 10 mintues of me sitting down (winning my first two hands there may have had an effect on that). I didn't get dealt much Sunday, either, so I got pissy and pissed away 250 steam betting three or four times Sunday. To those who were in the 10/20 games on either day, I apologize for complaining so much.

BTW, who's PokerBabe? I read she plays at the Mirage; I think I know who it is (and if I'm right - wow! what a babe), but I'm not going to guess a name here.

Old 03-22-2004, 05:40 PM

Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean, but it sounds like you and I have opposite definitions of what a "good" game is. I'll take the loose one over the good players and good play any day.

ElSapo
Old 03-22-2004, 06:17 PM

"Very loose - generally one raise before the flop and a couple on the flop, called all the way down; raised hands included 46o. I had to get a table change,"

Ummm, why on earth would you table change?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:07 PM

It's a problem with my game; I can play in loose games, but I don't have the discipline to play in ridiculous games. Especially when I'm not pulling cards for four hours. I needed a change of scenery to protect me from myself. It always hurts to lose a rack even when you're playing "well."
Old 03-23-2004, 03:49 AM

I was playing in the Mirage 10-20 game on Sunday afternoon.

There was one player on my table who was losing and switched tables. There was one hand in paticular that I remember. This player limped in early position, one other player limped, the Small Blind raised, the Big Blind called. Then the EP limp-reraised (I believe with AA) and everybody called.

The flop was Q,T,8 and there was good action on the flop and turn because the Big Blind flopped a straight with J9o.

Were you the guy with the presumed AA that limp-reraised?