call 5 71.43%
fold 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Poll: Affiliates are scum bags

[ QUOTE ]
"help keep innovation in poker"?

[/ QUOTE ]

The affiliate you choose is something like your congressman. They represent you, and should stay on top of getting suggestions to the sites. (Things that need to be improved, or changed)

[ QUOTE ]
normal advertising?

[/ QUOTE ]

"normal advertising on the net is affiliate marketing, but paying for players who do not play beyond the bonuses is the result of non affiliate marketing... the incentive is signups, all you get are signups...not extended play.

[ QUOTE ]
someone is being paid for saying something

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone says...try this and let me know whether you like it, and tells you that you too can earn referrals by letting your friends know about something (note it is not pushing your friends, but letting them know) I don't think it is unscrupulous.

[ QUOTE ]
players that they already HAVE gotten into a cardroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting them there, and keeping them there are two different things. I think the affiliate money should go in large part to the player...have always wanted that...but I want the amounts verifiable to the site, the affiliate and the player.

The ongoing payment is to pay for the services they provide that customer service seems to neglect.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Big Mean Affiliates...,LOL

I have never heard so much bad business thinking in my life. Folks...in an open market...Price is not determined by cost...it is determined by supply and demand...neither of which is affected by how much the affilaite is getting paid (well he/she may increase demand...but so does every other form of marketing)

come on...stop blaming your rake woes on the Affilaite. Its your fault for not changing websites when someone uses a lower rake. You gladly pay the higher rake and that will not change regardless of the promotional tool used by any website.

Bubs
Old 02-20-2004, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Poll: Affiliates are scum bags

Getting them there, and keeping them there are two different things. I think the affiliate money should go in large part to the player...have always wanted that...but I want the amounts verifiable to the site, the affiliate and the player.

New name same old story?

Lori