Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2003, 02:19 AM

Default Re: The bots are coming!

[ QUOTE ]
Chess is much more complex than poker, and they already have computers that can beat even the best human chess players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chess is nowhere near as complicated as poker. It's more of a deep thought game than poker because you plan your strategy a few moves ahead but in poker you are dealing with multiple players who do not think alike which creates much more diverse information to deal with.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:19 AM

I've played against one of the Poki bots heads up and it seemed to be beatable. If you just change your pattern of play every 10 or 20 hands or so, it's always about 10 or 20 hands behind in terms of adapting to your play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Overall, it's pretty good, and will probably kill you if you get predictable.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:47 AM

I have tried this system in a free roll before, and it did surpsingly well (I thought I would get called a lot more since it was a free roll). I ended up in 4th out of 400 players simply by going all in or folding. The one part of the strategy is if you in the big blind, and everyone limps to you. You see a flop... then what? I would go all in on TPTK or better, and fold the rest.

I was pretty bored, had already signed up for a free roll, and had other stuff to do at my computer, so figured why not. So I'd imagine the strategy would probably be a lot better than a lot of the fish I see in NL tournaments, but long term no better than break even.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chess is much more complex than poker, and they already have computers that can beat even the best human chess players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with that. In Chess you start out with a set up that is totally static. So many pieces, in this order, certain postions, white, black etc. In poker, even the start of hands have many variables. Blinds, number of players, combinations of starting hands...etc.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:30 PM

There is already more about it. They started commercial project at
http://www.poki-poker.com