Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Neteller killing me...

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't the netteller card charge you $7 every month if you don't use the card? I remember reading this and this turned me off getting a card to use here in Aus.A cheque only takes two weeks for me and I think that is pretty good seeing we live on the other side of the world. Yeah the exchange rate is crap at a bank but you get that on a big job.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's $5 dormant card charge in US (used to be $7) and $12 for outside US. This applies if you don't use your debit card for 30-days AND it has a balance. Basically, the rule is to never leave a balance on your card. Move just enough $$ to your debit card to make your ATM withdrawals leaving you with zero balance.

If you have extra balance, just deposit from debit card back into your Neteller balance (no charge for this) to avoid the fee.

The only reason I like the Neteller debit card is a way to get cash out from my poker play without it having to go through my checking account.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Neteller killing me...

Perhaps you haven't seen the Neteller fees:

Sure I have - they are currently the cause of the problems that I am having with Neteller at the moment since the Fees are inaccurate:

For instance:

WITHDRAWAL TO DEBIT CARD 2.9% MIN. $2.00 2.9% MIN. $2.00
ATM CASH ADVANCE $1.75 $4.25

Are both incorrect, but I do not have the correct information as yet.

I think the main problem here is that we are both looking at the Neteller Debit card through different coloured sunglasses; Mine are UK tinted whilst yours are US tinted.

I completely appreciate that for a US citizen the NDC is not that great of a deal - but compare it to a Wire Transfer and the fees that you would have to pay to access your money quickly and it doesn't seem that bad to me ($5).

However for the UK - Lets suppose I cashed a $1000 cheque with an exchange rate as it is today at 1.72699 after the bank has charged me about $14 to cash the cheque plus commision at about 3% Im left with about 550 GBP. In the transactions shown in an earlier message where I got 550 GBP there is still $74 left in my NDC. For the foreigner the NDC is a truly good deal.

Regards

Rom
Old 12-08-2003, 08:40 AM

Default New Fees are on site

At https://www.neteller.com/user/debit_fees.cfm

Usage Type USA Canada International
Currency USD $ CAD $ CAD $
Activation Fee $5.00 $5.00 $5.00
Deposit To NETeller FREE FREE FREE
Withdrawal From NETeller $2.00 $2.00 (USD) $2.00 (USD)
ATM Cash Advance $1.50 $2.50 $2.93
Point of Sale (POS) $0.75 $1.75 $7.23
Declined ATM/POS $1.00 $0.50 $3.83
Balance Inquiry $1.00 $2.13 $2.13
Statement of Account $1.50 $1.50 $1.50
Dormant Card Charge $5.00* $12.00** $12.00**

* Debit cards that have had no activity within a 30-day period will have this fee deducted from their balance.

** Debit cards that have had no activity within a 30-day period will have this fee deducted from their balance for 6 successive months, or until the card no longer has a positive balance

Rom