Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2003, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Immoral?

LOL! I don't think he's a stupid person, wrong word for it. Perhaps just not very observant about what's going on. No one said raise to me. So just because I knew that he raised and no one informed that is a HORRRRRIBLE thing and I should be shot? Geez guys, relax.

PokerPrince
Old 11-19-2003, 06:00 AM

Default Re: immoral. wrong. dick move.

Do you need another tissue?

PokerPrince
Old 11-19-2003, 06:06 AM

Ok, some of you guys need to chill out. It's not like I raped someone and burned a dog with a cigarette. This is the first time this situation has come up for me and you guys are making it out like I should be exiled. Didn't know 2+2 was full of people who never sinned. I asked if it was immoral, not what you thought of me as a person or my gameplay. That I personally could care less about. The end.

PokerPrince
Old 11-19-2003, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way the $30 I saved bought me a nice submarine sandwich and chocolate milk afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

That must have either been Canadian money or a damn nice sub.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:17 AM

LMAO, I knew someone would say that! No subs over here aren't 30 bucks, I had some change left over.

PokerPrince
Old 11-19-2003, 06:25 AM

I just can't be immoral or on any gray side of anything. I once felt really bad about accidentally looking at my card in an Indian no peek home game for .25. I didn't know what that was, and the dealer dealt the cards before saying what it was (I got mine 1st) -- I had just gone to look, and caught a glimpse of my card when I heard the no peek. No one say, and I thought to myself -- I will play this like I would have played it no matter what. So I folded as someone had a K. I had a 3. Had I seen an A, I would have folded and not told anyone. I even miss delta twice in a baseball game, and my errs ended up giving ME 5 4s...so I tossed them face up and said that I could not make the errs dealing, and then with a clean conscience, play this hand. I have even gone as far as to tell someone exactly what I have, if they are about to buy a wild card for some outrageous amount, when there is no possible way they can out draw me (being a home game, I can't take 1/2 of someone's stack cause they just don't know better).

I play poker to play it well -- angle shooing pisses me off, and if it was the old west, we would step outside for sure. If there is something going on, and it is none of my business, I may not say anything unless it is obviously wrong. IE, playing Hold'em, two people who had been calling the whole way, were about to give up the pot to the guy with 88 -- but the board was KKx99 and the players about to do this had Ax -- the guy got a little upset, but I said, cards speak, and split the pot.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Here\'s another one. . . was this immoral?

It wasn't a dealer error, since he knew that she won the pot, but he gave it to me for the same reason I accepted it. If someone pisses you off enough, you will probably fight them, but I wouldn't say that's immoral. Beating up an innocent bystander is. I think Prince punched an innocent bystand, but I was provoked. . .
Old 11-19-2003, 09:26 AM

Let's see...you're a cheating scumbag, and you get pissy because people point out that you're a cheating scumbag.

I guess that's what cheating scumbags do.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:52 AM

did i read your post right? at the bottom you said you split the pot? why? the guy who had 88 was playing the board.. A high should win the whole pot.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:36 AM

I had the same problem, but then noticed that he said "guys" with A-high (or something like that), and he meant that the pot was split between them, not the 88 hand.