Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2003, 11:13 AM

Default Glad to hear it\'s getting cleared up. NM

Old 11-18-2003, 08:13 AM

Default UPDATE

I have recieved 90% of my money back so far. All of it seems directly from the vendors. I have not heard from the bank about the investigation or if any more information has been uncovered. It seems I get another purchase returned everyday.

Oddly, on Friday, one of the packages showed up at my house! I guess they sent the goods to the 'billing address'?!? I have recieved the money back from this vendor but I am going to send the goods back as I haven't opened it.

I have also recieved all my credit reports and so far nothing out of the ordinary.

Peace,
JT
Old 11-26-2003, 01:20 PM

Default Update.

I have 100% of my money back as of yesterday.

90%+ was from the vendors and the Bank has covered the rest. There has been no further details to who the perpetrader is and if I do find out I will update again.

Peace,
JT
Old 11-26-2003, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Update.

Joe,

I'm glad that you have had a good result so far. Now you have to maintain vigilance for quite some time. Here are some tips based on my experience when I used to prosecute credit card fraud cases.

Since they had your social security number you are still at risk. I'd check my credit reports every two or three months. One good way to do this is to rotate through the three major services, checking one each two to three months in turn. It is very likely the any new cards, or other scams will show up on all of them.

Also check your new accounts carefully for unauthorized purchases.

I recommend these measures to everyone because of the risk of identity theft, but would only recommend that you check your credit reports yearly unless you know that someone has been using your identity.

Ragnar