Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2003, 02:47 PM

Default Think a bit about this

"I strongly disagree with statements like this. The vast majority of posts that I see which are negative towards myself are people who I either don't know at all or hardly know.

MM "

Let's ask some questions to see how this is flawed.

Are you (yes you) negative towards Hitler, Saddam, Stalin, Benedict Arnold, Ted Bundy?

Have you ever met any of them?

Point made.

Now I AM NOT comparing MM to any of the above, that is not my point.

By the way, in my few posts here, have I ever made negative statements towards MM? Search the archives and find a post where I stated, and I mean this, that he was on of a very few authors that could beat live limit hold'em games for 100+ a year. In his case, easy.

Now those few of you capable of it, please evaluate MM's comments and judge for yourselves. No need to post, as the mediocre attack dogs would emerge. In my case, make that attack puppies, though.

DY.

Old 09-25-2003, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Think a bit about this

Perhaps the more relevant inquiry is what the posters negative towards MM know of him (or think they know of him) rather than whether MM knows them?

Working with your analogy, just because Saddam doesn't know me doesn't preclude me from having knowledge of Saddam that might lead me to have a negative view of Saddam.

Old 09-25-2003, 03:47 PM

Default Re: RGP animosity question

"Mason Malmuth is very disliked by a large number of people, including RGP. That's part of it."

What do you consider a large number of people? Can you substantiate your claim or is it just an opinion?

Anyway several years ago there was this poster on RGP named Ed (can't remember his last name) and of course Abdul who made IMO many posts highly critical of Mason. Ed' main beef was Mason's seemingly unpopular stance on the extent of cheating in public card room's. Caro made some IMO ridiculous statement about the amount of cheating in high stakes games in public card rooms where $85 an hour or some such was pilfered from high stakes games. Mason was firm in his stance and Ed didn't like it and carried on a crusade denouncing Mason IMO. Where is Ed these days? Abdul had a controversial post about cheating at the commerce and generally seemed to display a lot of animosity towards Mason for whatever reason. Then there was Gary Carson who seems negatively disposed towards lots of people. Then there's DianeFromGreenBay who posted about the same event regarding some encounter with Mason in seemingly 10 new threads. Then there's lvdrs who's a dealer that I suspect has dealt in games Mason played in. All of these negative posters fan the flames so to speak so you get some adolescent type situation where people just go along with the crowd. Just my take.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"As far as copyright is concerned, you have read the terms and conditions, haven't you?"

Yes I have but you seem to think some never before discovered earth shattering advice is discussed on RGP rather than 2+2 due to this. I don't see any more protection on a USENET discussion board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do? There isn't?

As usual, you are wrong on both counts. Thanks for playing.

- Andrew
Old 09-25-2003, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"As far as copyright is concerned, you have read the terms and conditions, haven't you?"

Yes I have but you seem to think some never before discovered earth shattering advice is discussed on RGP rather than 2+2 due to this. I don't see any more protection on a USENET discussion board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do? There isn't?

As usual, you are wrong on both counts. Thanks for playing.

- Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification, your point is now perfectly clear.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:07 PM

"Barry Tanenbaum", I believe
Old 09-26-2003, 01:19 PM

I forgot about Izmet fekali...always worth reading
Old 09-26-2003, 03:31 PM

skp,

That's it. Just Googled it and got the shortcut of his posts on my desktop for later reading.

Thanks!

Rick

Old 09-26-2003, 06:59 PM

Default That\'s the price of fame MM

Hi Mason,

Stop reading those tabloids!!

You might be a little testy having to moderate the recent foolishness in the internet forum. I'm sure that's not how you plan to spend your time. Good job and things seem to be settling down.

Love this site. Now, back to poker....