Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2003, 09:17 PM

Default Re: UPDATE!!!

Yes, every time there is a flop, it is counted towards flops seen %, big blind or not. However, if you raise UTG and get no callers, the hand has no flop so it is not counted towards flops seen %.

Some people prefer to use the voluntarily put $ in pot statistic instead, but I'm too used to % flops seen.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:58 PM

Default Re: I NEED HELP!!! Party Poker 5/10 6 Handed

Ive have been playing in these games at party for almost a year -3-6 to 10-20.I have been making roughly 4 big bets an hour at all these limits -especially the 3-6 and 5-10.As far as the no bluff rule goes -I think if you don't bluff your losing lots of money.I think the key is to try to pick your spots and have a loose image but play tight.As well being able to adjust your play when table moves from 2-3 handed to 5-6 handed is also extremely important.I also play 2tables sometimes 3 -but not sure if I make more mistakes playing 3 and I probably shouldn't and don't recommend it.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:07 AM

Um, there is no shorthanded 3/6 game at Party right?

I've been bluffing more lately, but not very often at all. People call you down with anything. The other day, I had a guy call me with J high. Luckily, I had Q high.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2003, 01:51 AM

There is 3-6 short if you don't mind starting games .I prefer headsup or 3-4 handed so to play 3-6 you juggle from table to table alot.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:53 AM

OIC - I don't play 4 handed or under yet. Not quite time to learn that yet - it's a whole other ball game.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 12:11 PM

I play in these games quite a bit. I don't think you should be playing multiple *shorthanded* tables at this betting structure. You're involved in too many hands, the action moves really fast, and player reads are too important ... playing just 1% or 2% of hands suboptimally* can really affect your EV. You're better off shopping around for one favorable table.

If you insist on playing multiple tables, I'd make sure than no more than one of them is shorthanded.

___

* Hell, I'm sure I play lots of hands suboptimally, but I'm talking about making poor decisions specifically because you're distracted by the action at another table.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:39 PM

Player reads aren't that important. Most players won't ever sit at a table for over 30 minutes, so you can rarely get a good read at all.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:47 AM

I have to disagree. The 5/10 tables are at least 1/4 fishies -- guys that will play any connector or any Qxs, and will often just try to bluff their way to a pot, bcs lord knows they aren't winning money due to their sterling pf hand selection. And they're impossible to bluff, bcs they'll stick around with ace-high until the end.

I want to know who those people are before I start betting into them!
Old 09-26-2003, 04:21 PM

Well obviously if you are playing 3 tables at once, you should still be watching every single showdown that happens, so you will still spot the fish if you know what you are doing.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:37 PM

That could be the problem right there, that's way too much action for the mind to process, especially with the loose aggressive play.....