Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Re: My thoughts on tournament entry requirements

Moneymaker and the WSOP? What is the relevance? KOTZ is like a home game of friends, and it is encouraged to get close to these friends via discussions, and therefore would be perfectly at home in the tourneys. The WSOP is nothing like a home game, it is a 10k buy-in public event. Also, Inthacup is allowing the True event to be open to anyone. Why not play in that? The KOTZ events at stars have always been much more restricted, and the ONLY poster that seems to be trying to weasel into it is "akaholdem". Play the upcoming True event, make some posts, and then you will be perfectly qualified for the password in the next KOTZ. It seems like these will be monthly if not more, so why the rush to get into this one?

Why anybody would want to play in the KOTZ event if they are not a regular is beyond me. It is a tough tourney that will last forever because of the rocksharks that infest these waters. Akaholdem, yourself and all newbies should and can play at true. Then go watch KOTZ, make a few posts, and you can sit in on that torture. As long as Mason and the rest refuse to alllow 2+2's name to be associated, then there is no obligation or reason that us newbies should be included until we have become "friends" through making a contribution to the forum. Just because there are posts here that help organize this private "home game", does not mean we are entitled to play.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:23 PM

I appreciate that Husker I really do. Alot of the people on the board have offered me some good advice etc... It just seems to me that if the goal is to get all of us newbies to post and make friends, you would want to include us in everthing possible. And as far as there being "sharks" in this tourny, I just hope this is not a situation where these so called "sharks", are trying to avoid being beaten by one of us guppies, if I have learned nothing else from my limited poker experience, I have learned that regardless of experience we are all subject to the flop the turn and the river, thus on some level we are all equal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 01:33 PM

Well if making post here and being a part of this forum doesnt entitle me too play what does?? The term "quality post" is what irritated me, "quality" is relative to interpretation, what is qulity too me may not be too you, I can understand if its based on time as a member or something to that effect, but to compare it to a home game is ludicrous, I dont know where u live, but if I were to post flyers in the public about a poker game at my house chances are the cops would show up, if its a private game then keep it private, dont wet the appetite of a newbie looking to play against more experienced players, and then tell me I cant compete because I havent posted enough, besides I could put up 100 quality post, but the only thing that will gain me respect and poker friends is the quality of my play, and the only true way to gauge that is by seeing me play, just my 2 cents hope I didnt offend anyone.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:38 PM

Default daryl2172 look at inthacups invitation in this thread N/M

Old 08-26-2003, 01:45 PM

Default Re: My ranking stinks

Hey Simon,

I just checked out the home page and well, hmm, 53rd place SUCKS!!!!. However I do plan to move up the latter in the next pokerstards tourney so LOOK OUT zoo people!

On another note I did download the truepoker software and it seemed a bit confusing to me. I'm not the most
Old 08-26-2003, 02:16 PM

Default Re: daryl2172 look at inthacups invitation in this thread N/M

OK, I'll throw my 2 cents in here....

I am new to this forum and have nearly 40 posts. While I am anxious to play in these tournaments I certainly understand the misgivings that the "senior" members have. When members such as Simon or Inthecup take their time to organize these events I beleive they can set the rules as they see fit, period. I would have a tough time categorizing 25 of my posts as "quality" posts at this time and I'm sure others would agree. If I am refused entry because of this, so be it. I won't take it personally and I'll simply work a little more to contribute to this forum.

That being said, I do appreciate the response and invitation I received when I sent a PM to Inthecup. I will play if I can get used to Truepokers software in the next day or so.

P.S. Is this a quality post?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2003, 04:58 PM

I certainly understand the misgivings that the "senior" members have.

Christ, that is worrying - senior...

PM me your Poker Stars name and I'll send the password for King of the Zoo III. Can't see any problem with that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Simon

PS IMO, your post was perfectly okay quality wise - glad you understand some of the issues tournament organisers around here are having to deal with.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:09 PM

Darryl,

I think you are missing the point of these private events, but that is nothing to worry about. Speaking on behalf of the KotZ tournaments, the main point of restricting entry is to ensure the tournament is for regular players - in time you will become one and will surely appreciate the fact that anybody could just turn up and gatecrash. That way we also build up something of a community - there are hundreds of open events on poker sites today, if you aren't interested in the social aspect of poker. KotZ attempts to bring a bit of fun into the game, whilst being very competitive at the same time.

The WSOP is the jewel in the crown of professional poker tournaments, and of course if there was a vetting system for that Moneymaker would have been unlikely to have even played, let alone win. Since there isn't, I believe the point about where he would be is slightly irrelevant.

Anybody can watch KotZ events - and there is still time to reach the 25 post mark yet.

Simon
Old 08-26-2003, 05:11 PM

Default Re: My ranking stinks

53rd place SUCKS!!!!

Couldn't agree more. Rankings are so harsh aren't they... Unless you are up near the summit of course [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Simon
Old 08-26-2003, 07:46 PM

Christ, that is worrying - senior...

Oops.......... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I'll choose my words more carefullly next time....no offense intended!

Thanks for the invite though, it is appreciated. I'm probably dead money but I see it as an inexpensive opportunity to improve my game.