Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2003, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Another TT Hand

While I would have been afraid off KK at first I would have gotten every bet in I could. He could easily have AA or AK. When that second K shows up I would raise at everry opportunity since the MP must have a K, leaving only 1 for UTG.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:52 AM

Default See JR\'s Reply -\'NM\'

Old 07-18-2003, 09:15 AM

Nowhere in the post did I say he was a rock. After playing with him for 4 hours, raising for the 3rd time does not necessarily mean he was. His earlier plays were very weak- tight and quite predictable. With a very narrow range of raising hands, TT with several players on board is an easy cold-call, IMO.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:43 PM

Now, answer me this would you play 22-44 in this situation, how about 55-77?

This is where the logic of my argument breaks down. I would like one or two more callers to play 77-55, and one more again to play 22-44. Although I am playing primarily for set value, I think TT has more value than 55 here, as TT can and will flop an overpair. Maybe its just comfort level, but if UTG raises, 5 players coldcall, I will call with any pair.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:23 PM

Nowhere in the post did I say he was a rock.

Yes, I was the one who said it. However, I think I was right on with his UTG raising standards, quite 'Rock-Like', however, I'm talking about a conventional, 'Rock'. Not are beloved, 'RockLobster', who the hell knows what his raising standards would be..... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 05:26 PM

This is where the logic of my argument breaks down.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA! Only kidding. Great learning experinence form this post. Quite an interesting discussion. Too bad JTG, Homer or Barry didn't have the err, ahem (sack) to chime in.

Nice Post ID4, great debate, J.R.!

Peace,
Joe
Old 07-18-2003, 05:42 PM

Yes, I was the one who said it. However, I think I was right on with his UTG raising standards, quite 'Rock-Like', however, I'm talking about a conventional, 'Rock'. Not are beloved, 'RockLobster', who the hell knows what his raising standards would be.....

I'm not so concerned with my raising standards... it's my folding standards that get me in trouble [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img].

I think you're just baiting me so I'll show up at one of your games. Then you'll REALLY have some ammo to use against me. Until then, let it be known that we've never played together, so you're accusations are completely groundless and should be unequivocally disregarded by all (unless you're saying something nice).

See ya!
Old 07-18-2003, 05:42 PM

So what's your take. Have I convinced you that you can profitably overcall a pre-flop raise with a pocket pair after many callers or not?
Old 07-18-2003, 05:46 PM

Have I convinced you that you can profitably overcall a pre-flop raise with a pocket pair after many callers or not?

You've definately moved me onto the fence. Weather I jump on the horses you'all are ridin', I'm not sure yet. However, it does look like a good ride! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 05:50 PM

UTG with whom I never played with before and looked kind of nervous, tight-passive but sensible player

This description of your opponent is definitely wrong. Tight-passive players don't 3-bet the flop with only top pair/top kicker and certainly don't 3-bet the turn after the same player caps the flop and raises the turn.

You misread this player. I think it's a good possibility that this opponent was simply getting a cold run of cards, especially premium hands, and had a false image because of it.

As for the pre-flop decision, the call is close to EV-neutral. The better you play, the more willing you should be to call.