Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: No Pre Flop Play Analysis Please

Fold preflop
Fold flop
Turn is good

River is clearly the only debatable street here. I check behind, i dont see a single hand he calls with that we beat, but i see him checkraising his flush, calling his now better T (even T9 beats us) or his weak ace.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:50 PM

lol. you really should think about what kind of people are you addressing. you ask us not to jump, we jump. you tell us to do the dishes, we don't. you tell us not to comment on preflop, we will. of course, if you try to get tricksy on us and tell us to comment on preflop, we still will just to spite you! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. If you don't want people to comment on your play, I recommend that you just not post the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this

I don't think preflop is bad, its a clear limp with T9s, fine with T8s but I think the 2gap is a little much .. but overally you aren't losing much limping here, OTB I'd limp this hand, so its not bad

[/ QUOTE ]

=(

how is T9s clear?

how is T8s fine?

why do i disagree with you so much?

why do i lose so much money playing poker?

*cries*
Old 12-05-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop. You're getting 7:1 with the blinds left to act behind you, the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are dirty, and your implied odds are reduced by Villain's short stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-05-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the T and 7 are dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind explaining this concept? I have searched for "dirty" and can only get returns with Helmouth in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't count the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as outs because they put 3 to a flush on the board. That's what "dirty" means.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played it on purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a later post, I take it by "on purpose" you mean to get yourself into a middle-pair jam? I'm confused.

And now you're looking for analysis of your post-flop play? You're flop call sucks, you've only got 4 clean outs and the pot is microscopic; further, since UTG+1 is stacking off, you can't even claim that your implieds are good. What the hell else would you do on the turn and river? So, congratulations, you got 2 out of 3 decisions correct, and only lost yourself 3BB by...oops, I'm not supposed to talk about that. Oh, sheet, I mis-read the hand...it was the stack-offer that was being aggro, not MP...you might have folded MP with a bet on the river...so you got 1 out of 3 decisions that I'm allowed to talk about right. Not a very good average, Buc-o.

As to your specific questions: I disagree with your flop analysis for two reasons: one, players at .5/1 love to play Ax; and, two, you only have to worry about metagame if your opponents are paying attention to you.

I disagree with your turn analysis, because you "...can not believe they have hit (Ax)." Why not? As you say yourself, it happens to you all the time. However, your flop raise, as I said above, was g00t.

The check on the river was, in fact, a Christmas gift from you to MP, since it's UTG that had the ace, not MP.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well actually I don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you do.

[ QUOTE ]
One of the favorite ways is to rag everyones preflop play

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop errors are the most common and horrific mistakes one can make in limit holdem because your hand just keeps getting sh1ttier and sh1ttier until you dont have any money left. then you will be posting about going on a huge downswing and whining.

[ QUOTE ]
In your post you specifically posted a comment that was exactly what I said I was not interested in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i addressed this in my previous response but i think you failed to understand what i was trying to say. let me clarify. you are a DUMBFUK for expecting us NOT to talk about your preflop play whether it be to annoy you or just remind you of your error.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder who is being the jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather be a jackass than STUPID like YOU.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the T and 7 are dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind explaining this concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

The T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] help your hand but may give someone else a flush. Thus they are "dirty" and should be discounted. I'd give you 4-4.5 outs, which makes your flop call more suspect.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. If you don't want people to comment on your play, I recommend that you just not post the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this

I don't think preflop is bad, its a clear limp with T9s, fine with T8s but I think the 2gap is a little much .. but overally you aren't losing much limping here, OTB I'd limp this hand, so its not bad

[/ QUOTE ]

=(

how is T9s clear?

how is T8s fine?

why do i disagree with you so much?

why do i lose so much money playing poker?

*cries*

[/ QUOTE ]
how is limping T9s in behind two limpers in the 3rd best position bad? how is T8s bad?

after two limpers, and in the 3rd best position, i say limp away with those two. also limp 76s and 97s. any lower and i want to be in later position.

why would you want to pass up playing a little suited connector ~5-6 way in pretty good position?

i agree with bset that T7s is around the cutoff point here. i would play Q9s here for sure, and most of the time i'd limp with J8s. somewhere there's a point where a hand is profitable or not, and it seems from experience that the point is around T7s in this spot.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:54 AM

i h8 2 gappers. h8 h8h h8 h8. button button button button or really good read on the button from the cutoff. i guess that means a really good read on the button and cutoff from the hijack. but damn i h8 2 gappers. even the thought of getting raised sucks balls and makes me want to puke!

miles is this why i ended up blowing a huge chip lead and becomming qotkp?