Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 5 handed Q3s

Hock,

I agree that 3-betting isn't terrible. It is the only other play that I would make on this flop, with this action. I think folding and 3-betting are close.

I think that after we 3-bet and he caps then you are exactly right on the turn... we need a specific read to properly play in this spot. I don't think I am good enough to properly play the turn after the flop action and turn bet. The turn lead creates a very difficult position for us. I wish I could make the right decisions in this spot, but I don't believe that I am that good... this fact argues that I am better off to simply fold this flop - maybe the original poster is too?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 PM

I really dont see why it canīt be.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:49 PM

I fold preflop without one more player in.

I also probably fold the flop. 3-bet isn't bad though.

I think the turn is definitely where I fold, however.

If I got to the river, I check behind.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im ok with calling the flop with your 3 outter and perhaps hell check a flush draw on the turn sometimes. however, i really dont think we can expect him to cap a flush draw out of position or a weaker hand that QQ all that often. i would have also folded the turn unless i had a reason not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about folding to the initial check raise. After we three bet and he caps it then I think we can peel one off on the flop.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hock, I kind of disagree with your claim that sb's checkraise is not a draw checkraise. This guy seems a little on the passive side so maybe you're right. But I think a lot of unknowns will raise a flush draw to improve their chances of winning the pot unimproved or to "clean up outs." It's not as though the flop was QQ6r. In that spot a checkraise would definitely be a hand protection checkraise.

I think you make some good points, but I don't think we should rule out a flush draw entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, its a pretty good board to c/r if you have a flush draw
Old 12-05-2005, 05:11 PM

well to me his flop c/r screamed good 6 or flush draw, or possibly a queen. after he raised i decided the pot was big enough that i could 3betand try to get MP to fold his overs.

i REALLY don't like folding the turn after check/3betting the flop. sure there is very little that i'm ahead of besides flush draws, but a monster will very rarely checkraise isolate that flop, especially in such an aggressive game where he can get tons of extra bets later in the hand.

on the turn my hand hovered over the raise button but after a few seconds i just hit call, because i really didnt want to get 3bet. im not happy with my inability to fold recently which is part of the reason i just called.

on the river, again, my hand hovered over the bet button but then i just checked. He showed Ah6h and MHIG. i'm not sure if he would have paid off the river, but i think he pretty much never checkraises me so i could have bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but i think he pretty much never checkraises me so i could have bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the key. When he checks the river I dont know wtf he has, but you usually have the best hand. And he wont ever c/r with something that you beat (not after this kind of action). And if he has a pair he almost always pays it off IMO, although he probably shouldnt.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dont think we can expect him to cap a flush draw out of position or a weaker hand that QQ all that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i can tell you that many if not most of the players at this limit DO indeed cap flush draws on the flop, even OOP. why? who knows. they are somewhat laggy to begin with. in general the game is too aggressive to "find folds" with tpnk.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:29 PM

I like the entire hand just the way it is.

Preflop isn't a bad call like everyone says. You're getting 5-1 with a suited queen, no good?

Flop is fine. You're around 50/50 to be good against SB's range and you have plenty of dead money in the pot. His cap screams flush draw, but his c/r doesn't, so who knows.

The turn is fine. Can't put 2 SB bets in preflop, 4 SB in on the flop, then fold for 1 BB on the turn with top pair on a rag board. That's just silly. If SB capped with a FD, I don't think anyone can seriously expect a turn check too often.

On the river, it's looks like you're ahead unless he's getting tricky. But, most of the hands you're ahead of can't pay a river bet. A check behind is fine.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not keen on folding this one preflop (because im so used to autocalling here), but you may be right based on what you say.

anyhow, on to the hand. what sorts of hands am i getting value from on the river?

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] a byproduct of running bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

JESUS STFU