Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: I\'m embarassed to post this.

Grunch,

Preflop looks good. Flop, I call the 3-bet but I'm thinking we're WB here with this action. Turn and River are c/c since the pot is huge....probably a spew on my part, but I have a tough time laying it down with such a big pot.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:26 PM

Horrible fold
Old 12-05-2005, 02:39 PM

The read of SB being reasonable should also help to make the river fold UI a little easier. If he ends up having a AQ or QT or something, you can make a big note on him.

If your read is not very strong (like 20 hands or something), I don't think you can make the fold. If I had any type of read of the SB as passive or doesn't get out of line, I would easily fold the river UI.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:01 PM

:grunch:

You're right the pot is huge, and that why you were wrong to fold. Even with 2 outs (1:22 odds) you folded to a 1:23 pot odds. And you could have had better than two outs if SB donked the 2 pair and not hit his set.

It sucks b/c you just know you are behind with only a few outs, but the pot so large you have to continue.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:58 PM

Whenever I build a huge pot preflop (something in the 20-25+ SB range) I don't fold postflop unless it comes down real bad.

The chance that you have the best of it combined with the chance that you will outdraw something makes it too dangerous to fold in these massive pots. Even a total donkey can see that a $170 pot at 3/6 is something to drool over. Putting in a couple more bets in this is certainly not a bad investment by any means. It is high varience/high reward when you build these pots preflop, and you oftentimes commit yourself to a showdown as long as you have a shot at it.

I would not mind putting 2 more bets into this pot at all, though folding the river might be better with the read. I tend to play readless (or with observational reads) and that brings me to calling when the situation comes to a head.

Brad
Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 PM

hey mac

you have AA/KK painted on your forehead and i am pretty sure the other players can recognize this. just something to think about when you run into this situation again.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:12 PM

Ok results.

SB had KT for the turned straight. His eyes apparently got big on the flop when he saw a huge pot with an OESD and went ape [censored]. I ajusted my "reasonable" read on him since he apparently called 3 cold PF with KT.

I was pretty sure MP2 had KK and he did. (AA was a small possibility, but since I already had the other AA, it would be rare).

The button is my hero since he had AJo and apparently thought his second pair of jacks were good.

I think my first mistake was to bet out the turn after not capping the flop. The SB check/3 bet scared me (as it should) and I just called the flop. If I had checked behind on the turn and MP2 had bet and then there wold have been a check raise, I could have more safely folded.

I guess sometimes your thought processes are dulled slightly when you are 4 tabling. I was also taking a shot at 3/6 and the stakes may have made me more tenative.

Thanks for your input guys.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 PM

I think one of my problems is that I tend to characterize a player when they do absolutely stupid things. When I read your first post, and you said the SB was "reasonable" and then said he cold-called a re-raise, I immediately was like, those two things really don't jive. The SB should be either raising or folding there. To me, reasonable means pretty good/decent. Those types of players don't cc 3 bets pre-flop with practically anything, if ever.