Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: ($60) Call this ITM resteal?

[ QUOTE ]

Something like AT+, 77+, KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do with 22 here? what about KT? K9? QJ? QT? JT? All of the previous, but suited?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

p.s. congrats on moving up! good luck at the new level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I got over 40 buyins for the level, figured it was time. I've played 9 of em so far, with a distribution of 2/0/2/5.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Something like AT+, 77+, KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do with 22 here? what about KT? K9? QJ? QT? JT? All of the previous, but suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. If I'm him, I have nearly 20 bb's and position on the raiser, a push just seems too drastic and unnecessary. If he calls, he's in a great position. You'll probably lead and he can do whatever he'd like in a fairly big pot with significantly less chips in there than you. If he has like 2000 chips or something I think this question is very different.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:15 AM

I think it's a clear fold from the numbers posted here. I would put Villian's range at no more than 22+, A2+, KT+, QT+, JT with maybe an occasional suited connector thrown in for variety. Chances are he's much tighter than that though.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he's reasonably agressive I think it's a call. His range here should be something like A2s+, A8o+, K8s+, KTo+, Q9s+, QTo+, J9s+, JTo, 86s+, 76s+, 44+....against which you're 46%.

p.s. congrats on moving up! good luck at the new level.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a massive range. Villain would have to be one of the most aggressive players at that level to resteal with that for all his chips. I think his range is usually quite small here. Something like AT+, 77+, KQ. Again I haven't plugged in numbers, but that's a fold. He's repushing for a lot more chips and I don't think at this blind level that's done with a big range at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

my first reaction was this was a clear call, but seeing the range and bigt's post make me think it's a fold. it's not a fold that i would make in the middle of a tourney, but i think it is a fold. if you had a read that you have been openning a ton and he was not shy about throwing chips around, maybe the range given above would be reasonable and it'd be a call.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

my first reaction was this was a clear call, but seeing the range and bigt's post make me think it's a fold. it's not a fold that i would make in the middle of a tourney, but i think it is a fold. if you had a read that you have been openning a ton and he was not shy about throwing chips around, maybe the range given above would be reasonable and it'd be a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

My read on him was that he was playing extremly well. I don't want to say "solid" because some people take solid to mean "ABC", which I didn't think he was. I think he was playing very very well, which means I'm not totally sure what he would reraise me with here. I also didn't think I had much of a skill edge on him, my big stack was partially skill but I was catching quite a few cards too.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:05 AM

I really think that folding to a re-raise on the first hand of ITM play sets the wrong tone for the proceedings. Also I think that, again, this being the first hand of ITM play, Villains' range is closer to mine than to big's for meta reasons. certainly if i was the villain i'd often be pushing with my whole range & more besides.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:06 AM

Villain is 2nd stack with much more to lose than the shortest stack of you three (of all three remaining, he has the MOST at stake when open pushing, in a sense). That should prompt you to tighten up his range and hence, your own. I'd fold here.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think that folding to a re-raise on the first hand of ITM play sets the wrong tone for the proceedings. Also I think that, again, this being the first hand of ITM play, Villains' range is closer to mine than to big's for meta reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of these things crossed my mind. My first thought was big's logic, but then I was like "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute..."
Old 11-28-2005, 02:08 AM

i call, and i also probably raise more with hands like this so that it's a smaller mistake when it's a mistake for me to call the resteal pushes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

c