Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Desired Bank Roll

Assuming things don't change too drastically, and really, what could go wrong, I should be able to get my BR up to 300BB by then, 400 if I don't pull some money out at the end of the month. I have an unrealistic 4 or 5 BB/100 winrate over 14k hands but am still a little worried about the switch. Especially now that I'm seeing variance and instead of 40 to 100 BB up days I'm seeing 30BB losing sessions being covered by 50BB winning ones for smaller daily wins.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always buy in for 50 because I'm multitabling and I don't want to have to worry about rebuying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this as well. I usually keep it topped off as well, every time I drop about 10BB. I don't like to constantly worry about having enough money in there.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My 45 days of "beginner" is going to run out soon on Party and I'll have to figure out if I'm ready for the .50/1 game or go to a different site for the lower limit. Is .50/1 the lowest regular game they spread on Party or am I missing some room in the menu someplace?

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, if you're winning at your current level then $0.50/1 is going to make no difference at the Party beginner tables. Really. I cannot believe there are worse players out there. Table selection is not even all that important at that level. They're just plain awful for the most part.

I've found the $1/2 tables there are also just as soft, though table selection is far more important at that level. You can be on a table filled with sub 20% VP$IP players or have a table average of over 50% - find the latter and reap the rewards.

As someone said, your skill level increases at a slower rate than your roll thanks to whoring, but I'm going to take a pop at $2/4 soon enough, and see where that leaves me.

So my advice is try the higher limits now, while you still have the chance at the beginner tables. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:06 PM

Don't try and work your way up; clear bonuses instead.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't try and work your way up; clear bonuses instead.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although I understand what you probably meant to say, as written this is bad advice.

You absolutely should take advantage of bonuses to pad your roll - free money is free money, and you should take it anytime you can get it, no matter what level you're playing at - but at the lower limits, the point of your poker play should be to improve your poker play.

It's important to move up as you feel comfortable and are winning at the level you're at, and when you're bankrolled to your satisfaction for the next level.

And at the end of the day, you will have more money playing winning poker at 1/2 with a $150 deposit bonus than you will playing .5/1 with the same bonus.

Edit: not to mention that bonuses won't clear very fast, if at all, at .05/.10.