Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Bankroll
>=500 BBs 226 52.31%
>=300 BBs and <500 BBs 120 27.78%
>= 200 BBs and <300 BBs 48 11.11%
<200 BBs 38 8.80%
Voters: 432. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: T9o behind 2 bad limpers, poll

[ QUOTE ]
It's a fold. Being a better player than your opponents only goes so far. There are inherent deficiencies with T9o that great post-flop play can't make up for: succeptibility to domination and a small chance of making a big hand. But don't take my word for it:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...rue#Post1774818

[/ QUOTE ]

This is persuasive but I'm not sure "two loose MP limpers" fully captures the situation here. We are talking a 50 vpip HJ open limper and a 70+ vpip CO overlimper, and a donk SB who are all highly likely to spew postflop. Also fwiw, I think T9o is defintely stronger than J9o in this spot by a bit.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:21 AM

just to make it plainly obvious.

Quote:
5) Two loose players in MP limp and you have 7 5 on the Button. The blinds are fairly loose. Call, fold or raise?

Fold.

Quote:
Same scenario as above except your hand is J 9 . Call, fold or raise?

Huge fold.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I voted fold cause that's what I would have done before reading, but I'll definitely reevaluate now.

[/ QUOTE ]

What in this thread has made you reevaluate your play? All I've seen are a bunch of posters saying "this is an easy raise". Can someone please give me some reasons behind your logic?

[/ QUOTE ]

when Dane and flawless agree on something, it makes me re-evaluate my thinking if it's different. I don't know if I will start limping it (I'm running like [censored] so I dont think I can play it for profit) but I certainly have to think about things.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:15 AM

read vkh's post please.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a fold. Being a better player than your opponents only goes so far. There are inherent deficiencies with T9o that great post-flop play can't make up for: succeptibility to domination and a small chance of making a big hand. But don't take my word for it:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is persuasive but I'm not sure "two loose MP limpers" fully captures the situation here. We are talking a 50 vpip HJ open limper and a 70+ vpip CO overlimper, and a donk SB who are all highly likely to spew postflop. Also fwiw, I think T9o is defintely stronger than J9o in this spot by a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also I get the impression from that post that Nikla was answering more for the higher limit 30/60 and 50/100 games that he played in. Obviously very different than 10/20.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't limp this, you must have pfr ~= vpip.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that out of the thousands of limping opportunities, this is the ONLY ONE you would choose to make your VPIP higher than your PFR??

[/ QUOTE ]
That is so far from what I said, I'm not even sure which logical fallacy you have made.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:05 AM

You have to quote the rest of what I said in order for it to make sense.

Someone's PFR won't even be close to their VPIP just because they don't limp with this hand or other hands like it.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:39 PM

I'd much rather have J9o
Old 11-18-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also I get the impression from that post that Nikla was answering more for the higher limit 30/60 and 50/100 games that he played in. Obviously very different than 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it obviously different? I thought we had a decent grasp on the players from their statistics. It's not like players with those stats will play a whole different range of hands, or suddenly become postflop wizards when they're playing something other than 10/20.

Edit: FWIW, Nikla was responding to a series of questions, in quiz form, provided by Nate tha' Great in response to this question from another poster:

"Alright, let's say you're talking to me here.

Say I'm showing 13.5 VPIP/ 8.5 PFR at low-limit full (2/4, 3/6).

What hands do you advocate adding?"
Old 11-18-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather have J9o

[/ QUOTE ]

How come? Equities of the two are identical and T9o has more straight power, which is much more profitable multiway than slightly better high card power.