Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Another JJ hand Entity and I talked about

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he has a high ftrb% or a low wtsd% (and the sample size is fairly big) I'd check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
It certainly seems to me that we want to bet here against this player if his WTSD is high, not low.

We're never ever ever folding out a better hand here. I don't know why you guys would consider betting here in hopes of folding a better hand. I imagine we get called by a worse hand a lot of the time but really, there are no better hands that are going to fold.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like you confused the villains. I'm sorry if that was my fault.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Whoops.

Well you're right, I did. Everything I said in that post is pretty much useless.

Hm. We can now put the villian on a pretty narrow range of hands. Of course AQ and AJ are beating us now and are not folding. AT has less reason to pay us off than it did on the turn, because of the river Q. However it might still pay off a good portion of the time. But I have to agree with everyone else that the best play is most likely going t obe check/fold.

I doubt the player with the stats you described bets AT here, he probably happily shows it down for free. Which is a huge reason to check and fold.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're never ever ever folding out a better hand here. I don't know why you guys would consider betting here in hopes of folding a better hand. I imagine we get called by a worse hand a lot of the time but really, there are no better hands that are going to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a valuebet, I see no worse hands calling reasonably (reasonably is a very important qualifier).

A reasonable villian should fold JJ here since he's behind all of TT+, AJ+, but this shouldn't sway a decision in any direction.

Since villian was the original raiser, he could have ATs, 77-99, and then every hand that beats us. Nothing that beats us is folding, and for many opponents, nothing that doesn't is calling, so the only value in betting I see is to hope villian died at his keyboard and will timeout and fold, and to fold out JJ. Both fairly negligeable.