Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: What the hell is wrong with women???

Some chicks are messed up,
Daddy's fault, no doubt. [censored] 'em
but don't be: "that guy."
Old 11-14-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the key phrase in Georgia's post is "non-defective women."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the concept of anyone being non-defective is faulty.

And at any rate, it certainly couldn't speak to the highest majority of either men or women.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some chicks are messed up,
Daddy's fault, no doubt. [censored] 'em
but don't be: "that guy."

[/ QUOTE ]

Or...
Ass-hol-ed ness works
to get girls who lack spirit
But spirit is all!
Old 11-14-2005, 05:44 PM

"And start getting a man's haircut, running to fat, and somehow still thinking they're "pretty anyway.""

You've just described every woman over 30 I know in North America except for couple.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly though, its a self esteem thing. They get the thought into their head that the dude is the greatest thing out there and they cant do any better. Some fear being alone for any period of time and some simply cant handle dating.

This one girl, a very close friend of mine, is just like this. She is smart, educated and about the most beautiful woman I know in real life. Her boyfriend is a prick and needs to be kicked in the nuts. He treats her like crap, cheats on her, has another girlfriend (also quite moronic about him) and generally is the biggest asstard on the planet.

She cant stay broken up with him for more than about 3 weeks. This has been going on for about 4 years now. She is miserable 95% of the time. Her rational..."we both like doing the same things"

Right - because its hard to find a guy that doesnt like to drink and go to concerts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha.

You're right on about the fear of being alone. I think that fear is very real in them and can run very, very deep in a way guys just can't relate to at all, or even close.

That's one reason why a woman will stay with a guy, ANY guy at all, until she has another guy to move on to. Lots of them just go from guy to guy because they have some kind of primal fear of being alone and unwanted for even a day. Being alone is a huge failure for many women in a way and proof of their worthlessness and undesirability, whereas for men, it's know from the get-go that basically the world views you as an expendable pile of crap only a few laws keep from being incinerated outright, and it's being with someone, not alone, that's the more extraordinary and difficult thing. For a guy, being alone is the least of your problems.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very well put, anacardo,

do it in haiku to be really impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, I saw that and was going to say, no, that's diebitter, but you ARE diebitter! Trying to pass your job off to somebody else, eh? Lazy haikuing bastid.

Well, I think we're just quibbleing about numbers. I'd say the majority of women do not find macho asholishness or straight-out rudeness attractive. I think this because when I look around at the women I know at work and in my personal life, they may be with schlubby-losers, but not with jerks. I remember being a bitter college kid and snarking about the same thing, (Girls are stupid, they love guys who are mean wah wah) but my real problem was that I was too much of a wuss to talk to very hot chicks and resented the idiots who were confident enough to make it happen. Every girl does date at least one utter jerk, but the only ones who stay have serious psychological problems.

As a side note, check out "Shopgirl" if you want to learn how to pick up women. Not the world's best movie, but Steve Martin's moves would make him the OOT's all-time leading scorer.

[ QUOTE ]

Heheh, I saw that and was going to say, no, that's diebitter, but you ARE diebitter! Trying to pass your job off to somebody else, eh? Lazy haikuing bastid with the charisma and sexual prowess of some coiled, jungle cat.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

and see about 7 posts previous. I gave it a shot.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:51 PM

This is the worst "I had sex with a girl last night and I'm now getting it regularly" thread I've ever seen.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you describing is an issue of difference in human temperament that I will refer to as The Demographic Problem. Basically - the far greater mass of men and women function in love as animals do - pursuer and pursued, fox and sheep. A much smaller minority, the sort of people primarily (but not exclusively) concered with ideas rather than with concrete experience, conform more to the idealistic "soulmate" notion. Both of these paradigms are fine for the people in them, more or less, but they probably shouldn't mix.

My point: You've hit upon the method that's more probably likely to score with any given chick, but which is highly unlikely to score with the sort of girl that you actually want. Take the buffet now and start saving up for the steak and lobster, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly said.

I think there's overlap though, actually. Few people are fully formed, much less perfectly so. The instinctual that makes for one type of approach working well is present in everyone. Sometimes we'd just like to pretend we're all different.

But your girl in MENSA is, bizarrely enough, just as likely to go gaga over a thug and a bitchin' tattoo as anyone. Moreso, sometimes.

Will they want to marry them? Maybe, maybe not. Will they prefer to [censored] them over the nice guy type? Hell yes followed by many exclamation points.

Interestingly enough, as some girls become women and age, that can change. Growing up seems to do women at least as much good as it does men.

But there's still always that instinctual desire for a forceful male in most all women except the ones that want to completely run over the top of men and dominate them into little worms. (Nice phallic symbol there, that turned out well.)