Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Continuation bets

[ QUOTE ]
i will teach how to beat 10/20short for 1bb/100 if you introduce me to some desperate cali girls with low self-esteem.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of my exgirlfriends friends were desparate and had low self-esteem, "unfortunantly" we broke up and I now hang out with my happy, fun, and cute girl friends who are neither desparate nor have low self-esteem.

I guess I am stuck at $1/2 making chicken feed then
Old 11-14-2005, 11:50 AM

I would like to just say one general thing about posting/reading posts in the poker forums that has obviously stunted my poker growth. I don't seem to get anything out of reading other peoples posts in these forums. For example, I read a few posts by david ross and others which are basically a list of situations like "folded to me in the CO with J9s, what do I do?" and they pretty much pass right through me and I don't really care, however if I were to repost a similar list it would help me greatly because the issue directly effects me.

These similar things would happen to me when I read posts in NL forum because I pretty much never would encouter the same situations, ex "I was c/r'd 2x the pot by a 40/30/3.5 on the turn with AA on a KxJd4d2x board and I don't know what to do" and I wouldn't care because I would think "well that would never happen to me" and so I immediatly forget the advice offered up by the rest of the forum.

Anyways, does anyone have any general advice on like...uh... how to absorb posts? Maybe I could read posts and write up my own little [censored] mock responses and compare them to what others posted further down in the thread, and if they don't suck horribly then I'll post them? Do you people who respond to tons of posts yet never post your own feel that this benfits you a lot?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:58 AM

I already PM'ed you about that. Stop ignoring good posters who criticize your play.

When flawless_victory, a member of my extremely prestigious List of Top 10 Strategy Posters, replies to your thread with:

[ QUOTE ]
seriously dude, wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop and ponder for a time what about your post sucked so badly that it attracted flawless's derision. Then humbly ask him or others to elaborate.

It's not so hard.

Edit - also, immediately put SpicyMoose on ignore. He is currently spamming HUSH with some of the worst advice I have ever seen.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:05 PM

He derides at least half the posts here, and makes sure his pretentious crap gets spewed everywhere about how the forum needs to be split because of standard posts while he "accidentally" forgets he condescended to enter a 3/6 or 1/2 hand. A lot like TheMetetron. So it's not all that shocking or strange.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot like TheMetetron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:14 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot like TheMetetron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, did you do a search for your name or something? Found this post pretty quick I guess...
Old 11-14-2005, 01:15 PM

I play on a few sites with smaller player pools. When I am at a table with many familiar players, one of the adjustments I make is to mix in some checks where I would normally autobet. Let's say between 15-20% of the time.

Reason being if you are constantly auto-betting flop and turns against the same players, eventually you erode your fold equity to the point that your auto-bet (semi-bluff) is no longer profitable. Mixing in a few checks kind of restores/maintains your fold equity.

The thing to watch for though, is once you do this you have to occasionally check some decent hands as well.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:25 PM

Please do us all a favor and post a link to a bigger picture of the girl in your avatar somewhere.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please do us all a favor and post a link to a bigger picture of the girl in your avatar somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was from a thread in OOT, its a joke cause the girl is like 16 and the guy posting it was some perv.