Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: It simply doesn\'t get any dumber than this (NC)

Someone is going for worst post of the month.

I particularly liked this little nugget:

[ QUOTE ]
Oh well, thank god it was a freeroll and not the WSOP or something. I'd even told a girl at our table that I better not get KK vs. AA on the bubble! How prophetic of me. And pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for sharing. I just love it when a staller bubbles

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing worse than stallers on party in a freeroll

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm NOT A STALLER fool. Give me a break. I had outlasted almost 3300 players and was above-average. I'm very good at MTT's (even though I never ever play them b/c of variance). Please do not liken me to a staller. This was the only hand I stalled on b/c I knew they were all going into the center. Stalling 1 hand when you are putting all your chips at risk doesn't really make you a typical "staller".

Stallers would not push all in against a deeper stack with AK preflop when sitting above-average.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt like I got stabbed in the stomach.

Oh well, thank god it was a freeroll and not the WSOP or something. I'd even told a girl at our table that I better not get KK vs. AA on the bubble! How prophetic of me. And pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL
Old 11-09-2005, 10:57 AM

Default blah

[ QUOTE ]
OH MY GOD I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW.

You:

1) suck at MTTs, if you are stalling on the bubble
2) suck at MTTs, if you try too eek into the money
3) suck at MTTs, if you open limp AKo in MP on the bubble
4) suck at poker etiquitte, if you ask someone to stall for you. If it were live poker, and you said that to me, I would throw my chair at your face.

Players like you are the reason I can triple up on the bubble without a showdown.

Players like you are also the reason I write support multiple emails complaining about stallers.

Congratulations, you have sufficiently embarressed yourself, and identified yourself as a donkey with this post. Your goal in MTTs should be to win, you freakin pansy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice assumptions. You know nothing about my MTT play.

Limping with AK there is an attempt to have one of the large stacks raise me out with an inferior hand. It happened, but it just so happened that he had a better hand.
But feel good about yourself b/c after me discussing ONE HAND you have identified me as a stalling donk who knows nothing about MTT's.

LOL. I hadn't played an MTT in over 2 months prior to this. And still finished top ~7%

You would throw a chair at my face? lol. Go ahead. And get kicked out. This table we were playing on was very friendly and had I asked the guy before he called to stall he very well may have for me. He should respect a guy putting all his chips at risk on the bubble.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Table was playing so tight right now that I figured one of the big stacks in the blinds would try to raise me out PF with an inferior hand

[/ QUOTE ]

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

IF THEY ARE RAISING WITH INFERIOR HANDS, THEN THEY ARENT PLAYING TIGHT.

[/ QUOTE ]

The LARGE STACKS were raising out fool. Everyone else would at best limp and fold. Have you ever even played an MTT? hahaha. The BB had 35K (over 3 times average) and I was almost certain he'd raise me out.

Please, go watch the WSOP reruns. That is REAL poker. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My strategy was to eek into the money

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'd even told a girl at our table that I better not get KK vs. AA on the bubble

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I get dealt AK off in MP. I limp

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I let the timer run all the way down and even used my time bank all the way down to 1

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very good at MTT's

[/ QUOTE ]

No Sir. You're not
Old 11-09-2005, 11:07 AM

You always always always always always push with AK pf. You average 1.2 BB with a push but only .4 BB when you limp. Don't make me regurgitate the math.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My strategy was to eek into the money

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'd even told a girl at our table that I better not get KK vs. AA on the bubble

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I get dealt AK off in MP. I limp

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I let the timer run all the way down and even used my time bank all the way down to 1

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very good at MTT's

[/ QUOTE ]

No Sir. You're not

[/ QUOTE ]

You cut off my first sentence. I said eek into the money THEN PLAY REALLY AGRESSIVE, due to the ridiculously flat payout which was 181-220 each receiving the same amount. In fact, you had to finish top 60 just to win in excess of $50. Any finish short of top 60 for me would be considered "meh" for my bankroll. You don't eek into money by having an above-average chipstack with 7% of the field remaining. Do you work for the Daily Show or something?

Yes, I said I better not get KK vs. AA on the bubble... who wouldn't say this? Wouldn't affect my propensity to push all chips forward with KK. What's your point?

I limped with AK for strategic purposes. Learn what those are then come back to me. Hint: I've already stated what it is in another post! Go find it! Go on, boy! Get it! Get it!

Yes. I stalled on one hand. Big effin deal. A hand that I had the balls to push all I had into the center with what was likely way ahead. I bet 99.9% of you would have done the exact same thing in my spot. No, I take it back, 85% of you probably would have folded AK preflop. the other 14.9% would have got all their money in and stalled. .1% would have been too dumb to notice that they were on the bubble.

MTT's are SIMPLE. What is so hard about them? After 5-tabling limit holdem, this tournament was like stealing candy from a baby. This all happened after a big fight I had with my GF earlier as well. And I still held it together to play well. You probably would have been eating ice cream and watching Fried Green Tomatoes after my day.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Please, go watch the WSOP reruns. That is REAL poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope thats a joke.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: blah

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. I hadn't played an MTT in over 2 months prior to this. And still finished top ~7%

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW. NICE SAMPLE SIZE.

You said you are trying to eek into the money, thats all I need to hear. That makes me think you are not a "very good MTTer."