Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: bankroll building still feasible in micro?

Current low limit is .50/1 (they had .10/.20 two weeks ago but got rid of that loop hole [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
Old 11-05-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stars and Paradise bonuses do not expire either. I have somewhere around $1k in uncleared bonuses between those two sites for when I move up in limits enough to make it worthwhile to clear them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these bonus applicable to micro limit games? Also, how are you able to rack up $1k in uncleared bonuses for just those 2 sites alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about Paradise, since I've barely even played there, but at Stars I think .5/1 is the lowest where you could clear the bonus in any reasonable amount of time. I think that it will clear (very slowly) at .25/.5 though. I'm waiting until I'm playing at least 2/4 before I worry too much about it though, so long as there are good bonuses elsewhere.

Since the bonuses stack and never expire, I just deposit for each reload, wait a few days, and withdraw. I have a big enough bankroll to move the money around without any real limitations. I've been doing this for several months. I just checked the exact numbers and I have $300 in uncleared bonus at Paradise and $630 at Stars, for a total of $930 in uncleared bonus. A quick check of the bonus grid shows that it will clear at the following rates per table hour:

.........Stars....Paradise
.5/1...$2.82....$4.26
1/2....$4.43....$5.61
2/4....$7.78....$3.89
3/6....$8.78....$4.39

This is for full ring. I'm glad I posted this, because I thought Paradise cleared faster at higher limits. Since this isn't the case, I'll probably get to work on that pretty soon. It's pretty clear that I should wait on Stars though since it will clear over 75% faster at 2/4 than at 1/2. Of course, there are faster clearing bonuses out there (Cryptos, etc.), so I'll probably play some of them before I worry too much about Paradise, but it just moved up on my list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should probably ask what exactly that table represents, and how it's figured.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stars and Paradise bonuses do not expire either. I have somewhere around $1k in uncleared bonuses between those two sites for when I move up in limits enough to make it worthwhile to clear them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these bonus applicable to micro limit games? Also, how are you able to rack up $1k in uncleared bonuses for just those 2 sites alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about Paradise, since I've barely even played there, but at Stars I think .5/1 is the lowest where you could clear the bonus in any reasonable amount of time. I think that it will clear (very slowly) at .25/.5 though. I'm waiting until I'm playing at least 2/4 before I worry too much about it though, so long as there are good bonuses elsewhere.

Since the bonuses stack and never expire, I just deposit for each reload, wait a few days, and withdraw. I have a big enough bankroll to move the money around without any real limitations. I've been doing this for several months. I just checked the exact numbers and I have $300 in uncleared bonus at Paradise and $630 at Stars, for a total of $930 in uncleared bonus. A quick check of the bonus grid shows that it will clear at the following rates per table hour:

.........Stars....Paradise
.5/1...$2.82....$4.26
1/2....$4.43....$5.61
2/4....$7.78....$3.89
3/6....$8.78....$4.39

This is for full ring. I'm glad I posted this, because I thought Paradise cleared faster at higher limits. Since this isn't the case, I'll probably get to work on that pretty soon. It's pretty clear that I should wait on Stars though since it will clear over 75% faster at 2/4 than at 1/2. Of course, there are faster clearing bonuses out there (Cryptos, etc.), so I'll probably play some of them before I worry too much about Paradise, but it just moved up on my list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should probably ask what exactly that table represents, and how it's figured.

[/ QUOTE ]

It represents an approximation of the clearing rate for the bonus for each site for each limit. For example, if you play Stars $1/2 limit, you will clear the bonus at approximately $4.43 per table-hour. To estimate this for Stars, the approximate number of FPP per table hour was determined. This was divided by 5 since the bonus is cleared at 5 FPP per dollar of bonus. For Paradise, the rate was determined by dividing the approximate raked hands per table-hour by 10 since it clears at 10 raked hands per dollar.