Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Too Aggressive?

Preflop: Villain sounds very tight. If this is over many hands, I might want to just call and check raise a safe flop. I don't like letting the BB in for cheap, but utg's range does not seem very wide. I probably 3 bet like you did, to get rid of BB, but I am not sure if it is right.

Flop: you almost never have the best hand here. You might fold utg's JJ if that's what he has, but BB will certainly look you up with any Q or A. I check/fold this.

I play the turn and river (bet/fold) the same way.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:39 PM

About pre-flop...

I would definitely fold 99 here, so TT can't be too far off.
I think I hate calling more than raising. I don't feel comfortable re-raising this, so I should fold.

I think if there is any edge in re-raising TT here, it will be so small that the rake is going to outweight it.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Aaron W has made me think about my call PF a lot. FWIW I think he is right. When this kind of rock raises, at best, I am a ~5% favorite. When he does have a big pair, I am taking the worst of it,(which is most of the time). I think that the SSHE aggressiveness got the better of me and discresion was ignored. My original line on the flop was bet fold, but I think I should have check folded instead. I think that the only streets that I played fine were the turn and the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. You never did mention how many hands you had on him and whether or not he was at all capapble of adjusting to a 4-handed game. If the answers are "lots" and "he's not" then folding PF is fine.
I don't know if he's ever folding KK/JJ to a single flop bet, but I do think the turn will go check/check fairly often when a passive player has those hands.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:15 PM

How many hands is the read? Seen any of his showdowns?

But, from the info you have given fold PF.