Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Hiroshima and Nagasaki

I think the Gulf war and the subsequent Gulf War 2 illustrate the problem with that approach.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:57 PM

>>You glorify the murder of civilians, and no one says a [censored] word, sick.<<

It didn't seem like anyone was 'glorifying' the civilian casualties.

But the simple fact is that Americans and Brits are human, just like anyone else.

And when someone commits an atrocity like bombing Pearl Harbor, or London, or New York, there will be Hell to pay.

Human nature.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope Al Quaida find a way of dropping a nuclear bomb on the city you live in, then I'll post what you did, and see if it's met with the same apathy from the sycophants on this board.

You glorify the murder of civilians, and no one says a [censored] word, sick.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just a terrible "hope," fella. You accuse folks of "glorifying murder" (your opinion) and then you post crap like that? I'd expect a more loving attitude from a person such as yourself. Ooooops, forgive me if my ass-umption of you as a peace-nic is incorrect.

And that bomb you mention - you think it's not going to kill a lot of nice people? Probably even a few such as yourself. So why don't you think about what you've said and go out and find someone who'll give you a good hug. I think you could use one.

Peace, bro.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope Al Quaida find a way of dropping a nuclear bomb on the city you live in, then I'll post what you did, and see if it's met with the same apathy from the sycophants on this board.

You glorify the murder of civilians, and no one says a [censored] word, sick.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just a terrible "hope," fella. You accuse folks of "glorifying murder" (your opinion) and then you post crap like that? I'd expect a more loving attitude from a person such as yourself. Ooooops, forgive me if my ass-umption of you as a peace-nic is incorrect.

And that bomb you mention - you think it's not going to kill a lot of nice people? Probably even a few such as yourself. So why don't you think about what you've said and go out and find someone who'll give you a good hug. I think you could use one.

Peace, bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted the same as him, the only difference was I was provoked, he wasn't. The fact you choose to attack my post and ignore his only goes to emphasise my point more, he spoke with bravado about your countries glorious atomisation of 200,000 people and the great achievement of giving hundreds of thousands more horrible cancers, and you immediately jump to his defence when he is challenged. The bombs in Japan killed nice people too, that was my point.

I am not a peace-nic either, I can see instances where war is necessary and this was one of them, those bombs were not necessary though, and you know it.

Pearl harbour was an under-handed sneak attack, but it was a military target, different to not only Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but also New York and London, the big difference being the attacks on New York and London were not acts of war, they were crimes. I also think it is silly to talk about New York and London in the same breath, over 3000 were killed in the 9/11 attacks for christsake.

I am not going to apologise for what I said, that guy is beneath my contempt. It should be obvious that I don't want people killed, his giggling nostalgia should be infuriating to anyone with any sense of decency though, wherever you live.

Regards Mack
Old 11-08-2005, 11:47 AM

Dynasty posted…

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to fight a war, don't screw around with it. Destroy your enemy. Don't just hurt them and let them rebuild.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you posted…

[ QUOTE ]
I posted the same as him...

[/ QUOTE ]

One of us has a comprehension problem. I’m sticking with my original reply to you. Oh, here’s another comment for ya…

<ul type="square">[/list]
Old 11-08-2005, 12:30 PM

If you put it in context it was horrible, what you said doesn't come close in my opinion.

BTW LOL at last comment, I guess you get the last word, metaphorically speaking.

Regards Mack