Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: 33 gives me a rash

well it's like once you're in there with the little pair you have to try to play it right. there is no reason to think he is behind on the flop, so raise. i've been wondering a little bit, though, let's say the BB will call any flop raise and fold the turn UI but will bet every street as a bluff if the OP just calls with 33. is it right for OP to just call the whole way to pick off the bluff bets? or should OP raise and try to blow the BB off of the hand on the turn?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is no reason to think he is behind on the flop, so raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
some guy just bet out into a 4way pot... thats not a reason to think you may be behind?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:20 PM

Okay-- 4 way, fold, yeah. I am not paying attention enough today.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are a lot of hands the donk could have that he was calling with, gutshot + overcard combos and what not that do not have an ace in them that he could be betting.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that there are a lot of hands without an ace that he could hold. I do not agree that he would bet most of these hands when an A hits. Could you go into a little more detail on why you think the villian is bluffing here?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:25 PM

the ace looks like a perfect scare card to bluff at to me.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:37 PM

Thinking about this a bit more, I'm still very much undecided. On the one hand, it seems like villian can't possibly be expecting a fold here. He'd have to put hero on a low PP (that raised pf) or a busted draw that is K-high or worse.

On the other hand, if he's not bluffing, its a value bet. So either he's betting an A or he's betting an 8 or a bigger PP or something, and I can't see an idiot making that slim of a value bet.

Do A-high hands make up enough of his range here to make a fold ok?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:51 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking about this a bit more, I'm still very much undecided. On the one hand, it seems like villian can't possibly be expecting a fold here. He'd have to put hero on a low PP (that raised pf) or a busted draw that is K-high or worse.

On the other hand, if he's not bluffing, its a value bet. So either he's betting an A or he's betting an 8 or a bigger PP or something, and I can't see an idiot making that slim of a value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

they don't think. they just randomly bluff busted draws esp on an A river. another thing they do is take a c/c c/c bet line with flopped bottom pair indiscriminently
Old 11-01-2005, 05:59 PM

I think raising is the only way to play this on the flop. This guy is an idiot, I tried to get that across in my OP. Calling is not an option because I will get overcalls from weird six-outers that are peeling the flop for one bet. ( A5o, etc).

I need to reexamine my game; I thought this whole thing was standard until the river.

Sthief, how would you play the flop? Muck?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they don't think. they just randomly bluff busted draws esp on an A river. another thing they do is take a c/c c/c bet line with flopped bottom pair indiscriminently

[/ QUOTE ]

These idjits also play a Q like this. It's the dreaded "SLOWPALY.."